IQVIA Business Development Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at existing and new clinical sponsors. This position will focus on the Biotech and Emerging Biopharma segment.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified customer account(s).
• Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within Account and develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization.
• Maintain general knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
• Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
• Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
• Coordinate with contracts and proposals to develop proposal.
• Work with operations and functional managers to identify sales team and prepares and leads the sales presentation. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
• Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents.
• Adapt successful strategies and tactics to meet market demands and financial targets.
• Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by communicating regularly with customer
• Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
• Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system.
• Prepare sales activity report for Sales Management as required.
• Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups at IQVIA, Inc.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management
• 10 years related experience, including 5 years of relevant industry (CRO/Pharmaceutical) and/or sales experience or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS,AND ABILITIES
• Proven track record at mid-level and high-level contacts.
• Excellent Business/Industry awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business
• Solid understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
• Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to influence others internally and externally
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com_ to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs