S&P Global Associate Director, Sales & Relationship Management in Boston, Massachusetts
About the Role:
Grade Level (for internal use):
The Role: Associate Director, Sales & Relationship Management
The Team: The S&P Global Corporate Commercial Team is responsible for optimizing relationships and commercial outcomes for 1,200 of the largest companies in the U.S & Canada. We are a close-knit team and collaborate continually to brainstorm solutions that help our clients overcome their complex business challenges. The team is competitive, fun, energetic, and intellectually curious. We’re seeking a qualified relationship manager to provide white-glove service to our existing clients, while expanding the relationship into new products and offerings, as well as to new clients.
The Impact: As the ideal candidate you will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, and use initiative to create value and deepen relationships within your assigned accounts. You will partner with the largest companies in North America while being inspired by our team of like-minded individuals
What’s in it for you:
· Engage with the C-Suite: You’ll be selling to CEO’s, CFO’s, and Treasurers for Fortune 500 companies.
· Partner with organizations across a wide variety of fascinating industries
· Work for a great organization with just the right balance between drive for excellence, challenging projects, and access to hands-on learning opportunities from your peers and from management.
· Provide high touch client service to communicate S&P’s value proposition and achieve client retention by providing high value to the client relationship.
· Navigate complex organizations, understand client’s culture, identify internal and external decision makers, and influence their decision-making process.
· Leverage diagnostic communication and negotiation skills to gain user acceptance and optimize revenue.
· Develop and implement creative sales strategies for clients across S&P’s sustainable finance product portfolio.
· Develop and implement creative sales strategies for clients across S&P’s cyber risk product portfolio.
· Understand product offerings across other S&P Global divisions and generate cross-divisional referrals.
· Track customer & industry developments and trends and respond accordingly.
· Diagnose and understand customer problems and identify ways to help clients address them.
What We’re Looking For:
· Strong presentation and communication skills with outstanding relationship management and sales track record.
· Positive, proactive attitude and ability to work well in teams.
· Proven record of maintaining strong relationships with clients, addressing their needs, and elevating their customer experience.
· Exceptional skills in listening to clients while articulating ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner.
· Sound ability to analyze client information quickly, respond logically, and use data to influence client purchase decisions.
· Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Economics, or related field preferred)
· Experience in or knowledge of the Debt Capital Markets
· 5+ years of successful sales and relationship management experience
· Proficiency in data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
· Experience with CRM software (Salesforce)
· Knowledge of finance and accounting principles
· Knowledge of sustainable finance
· Knowledge of cyber risk
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 11
The Location: Enter Location(s): Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; San Fransico, CA; New York, NY
Compensation/Benefits Information (This section is only applicable to US candidates) :
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $72,300 to $143,800. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual’s geographic location, as well as experience level, skill set, training, licenses and certifications.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here.
About S&P Global Ratings
At S&P Global Ratings, our analyst-driven credit ratings, research, and sustainable finance opinions provide critical insights that are essential to translating complexity into clarity so market participants can uncover opportunities and make decisions with conviction. By bringing transparency to the market through high-quality independent opinions on creditworthiness, we enable growth across a wide variety of organizations, including businesses, governments, and institutions.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets. With every one of our offerings, we help many of the world’s leading organizations navigate the economic landscape so they can plan for tomorrow, today.
For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
What’s In It For You?
Progress is not a self-starter. It requires a catalyst to be set in motion. Information, imagination, people, technology–the right combination can unlock possibility and change the world.
Our world is in transition and getting more complex by the day. We push past expected observations and seek out new levels of understanding so that we can help companies, governments and individuals make an impact on tomorrow. At S&P Global we transform data into Essential Intelligence®, pinpointing risks and opening possibilities. We Accelerate Progress.
We're more than 35,000 strong worldwide—so we're able to understand nuances while having a broad perspective. Our team is driven by curiosity and a shared belief that Essential Intelligence can help build a more prosperous future for us all.
From finding new ways to measure sustainability to analyzing energy transition across the supply chain to building workflow solutions that make it easy to tap into insight and apply it. We are changing the way people see things and empowering them to make an impact on the world we live in. We’re committed to a more equitable future and to helping our customers find new, sustainable ways of doing business. We’re constantly seeking new solutions that have progress in mind. Join us and help create the critical insights that truly make a difference.
Integrity, Discovery, Partnership
At S&P Global, we focus on Powering Global Markets. Throughout our history, the world's leading organizations have relied on us for the Essential Intelligence they need to make confident decisions about the road ahead. We start with a foundation of integrity in all we do, bring a spirit of discovery to our work, and collaborate in close partnership with each other and our customers to achieve shared goals.
We take care of you, so you can take care of business. We care about our people. That’s why we provide everything you—and your career—need to thrive at S&P Global.
Our benefits include:
Health & Wellness: Health care coverage designed for the mind and body.
Flexible Downtime: Generous time off helps keep you energized for your time on.
Continuous Learning: Access a wealth of resources to grow your career and learn valuable new skills.
Invest in Your Future: Secure your financial future through competitive pay, retirement planning, a continuing education program with a company-matched student loan contribution, and financial wellness programs.
Family Friendly Perks: It’s not just about you. S&P Global has perks for your partners and little ones, too, with some best-in class benefits for families.
Beyond the Basics: From retail discounts to referral incentive awards—small perks can make a big difference.
For more information on benefits by country visit: https://www.spglobal.com/en/careers/our-culture/
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at S&P Global:
At S&P Global, we believe diversity fuels creative insights, equity unlocks opportunity, and inclusion drives growth and innovation – Powering Global Markets. Our commitment centers on our global workforce, ensuring that our people are empowered to bring their whole selves to work. It doesn’t stop there, we strive to better reflect and serve the communities in which we live and work, and advocate for greater opportunity for all.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy (“the Policy”) that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy’s requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), SLSGRP202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 296446
Posted On: 2024-01-15
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States
- S&P Global Jobs