Cabot Corporation Marketing & Strategy Analyst in Billerica, Massachusetts
As a critical member of the Specialty Carbons global marketing team, leads strategic market analysis and competitive intelligence activities. Develops and manages robust processes for sourcing, recording, and reporting business intelligence data to support strategy development and long-range planning. Additionally, works under the direction of market segment and business leadership to provide analytical support to special projects in areas such as M&A, asset strategy, and new market entry.
• Approaches complex business problems with enthusiasm. Proactively engages with internal and external stakeholders to develop holistic view of market environment
• Conducts detailed competitive and market analysis through primary and secondary research to identify trends. Provides insight linking observations and trends across multiple studies to impact and enhance decision-making.
• Provides information and support in new business development and new product introduction efforts. Works with global segment managers and regional market managers to identify new market opportunities
• Ensures that relevant information is being gathered, evaluated, recorded, and disseminated. Owns knowledge management process for market data and key insights.
• Stays current with changes and developments in customers’ businesses and products through direct engagement with customers and Cabot commercial team.
• Prepares reports providing results of marketing research and analysis. Prepares and delivers presentations to Business, Segment, and Corporate leadership.
• Designs special marketing studies. Participates and/or leads cross-functional projects as directed.
• Bachelor/University degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, or sciences
• 5 years’ experience (Experience in strategic consulting, strategic marketing, or product management a plus but not required).
• Self-motivation, with ability to quickly come up to speed on new topics
• Ability to synthesize the complex into the simple, meaningful, and actionable
• Thorough knowledge of strategic marketing principles and research techniques, including industry structure analysis, pricing principles, competitive analysis, and voice-of-customer programs
• Skilled in use of databases and related software. Expert in MS PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work effectively and collaboratively with different functions and geographies to ensure alignment
• Ability to communicate with clarity both orally and in writing
Founded in 1882, Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, cesium formate drilling fluids, fumed silica, aerogel and elastomer composites.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2018-7988
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com