Schneider Electric Innovation Manager in Andover, Massachusetts
TheInnovation Manager position is part of the 3-phase UPS Line of Business within Schneider Electric IT Secure Power Division. This global role will focus on development and management of one or more solutions in support of one of the Division’s strategic initiatives (Specifically, solutions to enable UPS with peak shaving, dispatchability and other grid support functions).
This role can be done from any of our US locations or remote in the United States.
This role will own the end-to-end solution deployment and work with various functional teams within the organization, strategic partners and customers to develop and promote our offers and achieve results.
Through market analysis on trends/disruptions, this position will provide input to the strategic direction for the Line of Business. This requires commercial as well as technical skills and the ability to work in a cross-functional process-driven global organization.
● Accountable to drive the performance of a defined solution including sales, profit, cost, market share, quality and customer satisfaction
● Understand and capture customer needs and define new offer scope and specifications in alignment with market needs and company strategy
● Identify market trends, disruptions and opportunities that can impact offer performance and drive initiatives to capitalize on it
● Provide product specific strategic direction to the sales team globally through development and deployment of offer strategy plan/playbook
● Launch new offers, manage launch performance and achieve offer program objectives
● Define compelling value proposition for an offer and develop sales tools to support it
● Manage resolution of offer issues – technical and commercial
● Drive for offer forecast and demand plan accuracy, ensure right inventory and competitive lead times
● Conduct regularly the competitive analysis of offer and identify the needs for offer enhancement to keep the offer competitive and monitor cost trend
● Work in collaboration with the Product Line Manager in the following areas:
Offer positioning in various end user applications and industry segments to drive growth
Price positioning across all Go-To-Markets (GTMs) and geographies to capture offer value and ensure competitiveness
Develop offer competency within commercial teams through training and workshops
Participation in customer seminars, meetings, workshops and events to promote offers/solutions
Work with strategic and global marketing teams to ensure offer promotion through on-line, print, events, prescription, etc
Provide strategic inputs to the process to set sales targets and specific initiatives to support offer performance improvement
Provide regular updates to the management on product line performance and initiatives
Knowledge & skills
● Entrepreneurial mindset, driven to develop new solutions and operate in emerging and unstructured markets.
● Knowledge of Datacenter UPS, Grid-tied inverters, or energy story systems
● Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
● Ability to work in dynamic international environment and manage through influence
● Handles multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritizes tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
● Ability to analyze data, draw conclusion and work with multiple stake holder to drive the agenda
● Comfortable and effective in making presentations in front of large groups of people and senior management
● Must be able to learn and be comfortable in working in often process driven environment
● Strong team player to demonstrate leadership and achieve results
● Very strong verbal and written communication skills _ _
● Engineering graduate (Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical) with experience in Marketing or Business Development. MBA a plus
● Overall min 5-years of professional experience with a focus on marketing, product management, business development and similar techno-commercial roles; experience in working with channel Go-To-Market a plus
● International work experience and flexibility to work with global teams in various time zones, the role requires frequent domestic and international travel
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Andover
Other Locations: US-Texas-Carrollton, US-Tennessee-Franklin, US-California-Costa Mesa, US-Illinois-Schaumburg, US-Rhode Island-West Kingston, US-Missouri-O'Fallon
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 005GKK