Insulet Corporation Marketing Manager in Acton, Massachusetts
With the Omnipod Insulin Management System as its flagship product, Insulet Corporation is one of the fastest growing global medical device companies.
The primary responsibility of this Marketing Manager will be developing the innovation road map and go-to-market strategy for our automated insulin delivery portfolio. This upstream marketing position will be responsible for leading consumer insight generation and requirements definition, product development, commercialization and on-market support.
Role is based in Acton, MA.
· Responsible for end-to-end product lifecycle management of an automated insulin delivery (AID) system.
· Work closely with key stakeholders, analyze the market, competition, clinical and customer needs, and technology developments to identify product opportunities that meet real customer needs and deliver on business objectives.
· Establish the product vision, roadmap and innovation plans for an AID product including the translation of consumer insights into clear customer requirements for the development team.
· Define the global product strategy, including product profile target positioning, competitive positioning, pricing, branding and distribution. Develop business cases to demonstrate commercial viability of products.
· Champion product development initiatives and serve as the voice of the customer for the worldwide markets.
Identify and prioritize product development opportunities by working with customers, Area Marketing groups, R&D and internal departments.
· Drive the concept definition, business case development and product feasibility phases of the product development process.
· Understand and prioritize customer targets, value concepts/needs and importance through primary and secondary market research, including one-on-one customer interviews, focus groups, qualitative market research and web-based surveys.
· Collaborate with R&D to translate customer requirements into product requirements.
· Commercialization and on-market support
· Work with Area Marketing, Commercial, and Market Access groups to develop commercialization strategies and rollout plans.
· Develop and execute global product launch plans and sales force training in collaboration with Area Marketing groups.
· Support the development of creative strategies and marketing materials
· Manage product lifecycle, conduct post launch review, assess line extensions, and manage pricing.
· Lead the planning and on-going development and execution of on-market products including product improvements, and clinical design and claims.
· Serve as product/market expert related to product positioning, competitive information, product performance, etc.
· Will be accountable for developing marketing strategies and tactics supporting existing portfolio as well as expanding the product line for Insulet’s product portfolio.
· Understand global business dynamics and competitive environment and potential impact on business unit results.
· Manage marketing budget associated with specific programs/tactics (plan and track expenses)
Bachelors Degree with at least 8 years experience in upstream marketing in the medical device/pharmaceutical industry or MBA with 5 years of related experience.
Self-starter that is assertive, possesses a high degree of self-confidence and intellectual curiosity, and demonstrates good executive presence.
Strong demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence partners in other functional areas.
Proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues and develop strategic, analytical and financial frameworks to conduct analysis.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment. Comfortable working across functional areas and at varying levels of the organization.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
Will be required to travel 25% for field rides, customer visits and attend all project related tradeshows or conferences.
International travel required
External Company URL: http://www.myomnipod.com/