Youth Villages Special Events Manager in Woburn, Massachusetts
This is an exciting opportunity to join the development team at Youth Villages, New England, one of the most effective organizations working with children and families to help them live successfully, in a fundraising special events manager role. Youth Villages helps more than 22,000 children and families each year from more than 20 states and Washington, D.C. The organization is well respected for its commitment to families and funders and requires measurable long-term outcomes.
Reporting to the Director of Development, Youth Villages, New England is seeking a special events manager who is mission-driven and a creative problem solver with a strong work ethic. This role is an integral part of the New England development department and is responsible for the production of all events, corporate and individual fundraising for events, and committee management related to all special events. The position offers an exciting opportunity to play a strategic role at a time of organizational growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop an annual event calendar that aligns with the region’s fundraising priorities.
- Manage the production of all Youth Villages Massachusetts’ fundraising events, including event participants and honorees, theme selection, venue, artistic elements, catering, data management and gift processing, list selection, mailings, response tracking, production of printed materials, volunteer coordination, and event logistics (facilities, budgeting, transportation, contracts, seating charts, etc.).
- Carry a portfolio of individual and corporate donors who attend fundraising events or participate in event committees. Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these donors will be achieved through monthly visit quotas.
- Oversee the Youth Villages Young Professionals Leadership Council
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to execute smaller events; for example, in Board members homes, at program sites, for groups of prospective donors; smaller cultivation events, etc.
- Collaborate with the Massachusetts’ Communication Manager and national Communications
- Department to develop media plans for maximizing event impact; event material content in keeping with agency branding; event-related copy for website and social media; online fundraising pages; and e-communications for events.
- Manage all event committee activities, including identification, stewardship and cultivation of members, and administration of fundraising activities undertaken by the committee(s). Ensure committee members and volunteers are actively and constructively engaged and maintain a positive experience in working with Youth Villages. Encourage opportunities for them to learn more about Youth Villages’ mission and programs.
- Perform other duties or special project as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in non-profit development with emphasis in event planning and demonstrated success in increasing both event attendance and revenue annually.
- Demonstrated success supervising others and a roll-up-the-sleeves, can-do approach to tasks both large and small.
- Thinks strategically and creatively about ways of building relationships with new and existing donors.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar donor database strongly preferred.
- Have negotiation skills and the ability to operate within a budget and work with vendors to secure the best financial outcomes possible for services provided.
- Strong professional, organizational, customer service, and networking skills
- Comfort in large and small group settings with board members, donors, volunteers and staff.
- Motivated by the individual and team aspect of the role.
- Leadership skills with a track record to multi-task, problem-solve and show effective time management when facing competing time and resource needs.
- Strong belief in the mission and goals of Youth Villages with the ability to be an ambassador for the organization in the community.
- Must have a car and the ability to travel to various locations across New England (mostly in Massachusetts).
- Must be available to work evenings and occasional weekends particularly prior to the key fundraising events.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds of equipment or materials and standing for prolonged periods during events.
Experience growth and development through our continuous training as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
Additional Benefits Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision Retirement Savings Pension Plan 403 (b) 2 weeks paid vacation 12 paid sick days per year 10 paid holidays Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
Job Number: 5486846
Job Title: Special Events Manager
Location: Boston/Woburn, MA
Relocation Offered: No