OSRAM SYLVANIA Public Relations Specialist in Wilmington, Massachusetts
OSRAM is a global provider of efficient lighting solutions which fire the enthusiasm of people worldwide. Our lamps, LEDs, electronic control elements and complete light management systems guarantee more quality, more safety and more fascination.
Public Relations Specialist, Americas
OSRAM, a global leading lighting and technology company, is looking for a public relations professional to join our corporate communications team. Based in the U.S. headquarters in Wilmington, Mass., the Specialist will be a real go-getter who is equal parts independent thinker and collaborative team player. She/he will work with communications colleagues in the U.S. and Munich, Germany, and across business units to position OSRAM as a leader in lighting technology in the Americas.
Reporting to the Head of Media Relations, the Specialist will work closely with our agency partners to refine the social media strategy, elevate our brand visibility, and increase engagement, while developing relationships with trade and mainstream media to support traditional media relations efforts.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in developing an annual media relations and communications strategy to support corporate functions and each of the business units. This includes, but is not limited to, promotion of product launches; traditional media outreach including drafting press releases and bylined articles; identifying thought leadership opportunities; staffing trade shows; managing media events/press conferences; and developing or identifying speaking opportunities for current and emerging leaders within the organization.
- Act as day-to-day liaison for OSRAM managing and supporting all press activities designed to increase awareness, visibility and brand credibility within the Americas region.
- Build and strengthen relationships with marketing teams within each business unit to support external communications strategies, including traditional and social media efforts.
- Track, secure and communicate the Media Relations team’s activity and results (e.g., print and broadcast clips, social media analytics) for companywide communication needs, etc.
- Work closely with Head of Media Relations and Head of Corporate Communications to manage effective Crisis Communications strategies and tactics.
- Maintain and build quality relationships with market editors, reporters and thought leaders in the Americas region.
- Serve as an integrated and strategic member of the Communications & Brand Americas function, as well as the Corporate function in Munich, Germany.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Minimum 3 years of PR experience
- Strong writing, editing and relationship-building experience
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively, and to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Experience working with print, broadcast and online news media outlets
- Solid understanding of social media community management, as well as experience leveraging social media channels to execute communications plans
- Tech PR experience desired but not required
- 10-15% business travel
Title: Public Relations Specialist
Requisition ID: 10003705