BJ's Wholesale Club Communications Specialist in Westborough, Massachusetts
The Communications Specialist is responsible for creating integrated communications programs that deliver against company objectives and strategic initiatives. Programs will center on community affairs, charitable events and club openings.
The Communications Specialist should be knowledgeable in media relations, media strategy, social media trends and community programming. This person will interact with various levels of media, act as a partner to internal channels including club operations, field Team Members, brand marketing, merchandising and ecommerce in addition to regular interaction with non-profit organizations.
The Communications Specialist will lead BJ’s Community Affairs programming including fundraising events, community partnerships and donations, Aisle Help and the BJ’s Charitable Foundation. The Sr. Comms Specialist will also be responsible for associated media relations programming.
In addition to Community Affairs, the Comms Specialist will lead communications efforts, media relations and events surrounding new club openings.
This role will work closely with communications, marketing and merchandising colleagues and club team members to roll out integrated programming in both the public relations and community areas.
- Lead media relations efforts for new clubs, community programs and BJ’s Charitable Foundation.
- Lead Community Affairs programming including integrated campaigns, the BJ’s Charitable Foundation, Team Member volunteer efforts, the Aisle Help program and club community programs
- Manage the BJ’s Charity Championship, a major fundraising event for the BJ’s Charitable Foundation, including sponsorship management, event management and media relations.
- Identify trends in public relations, social media and community affairs that can help deliver against strategic objectives
- Develop press materials including press releases, media alerts, pitches, key messages and more.
- Provide media relations support including pro-active outreach and fielding media calls.
- Support overall Corporate Communications team and objectives in various areas including Public Relations, Social Media, Community Affairs and Internal Communications.
Job Number: 4628
Location: Westborough, Massachusetts