Sun Life Financial Director - Stop Loss Actuarial Pricing in Wellesley, Massachusetts
The Director of Stop-Loss Actuarial Pricing is responsible for providing business and financial analysis to support new business and renewal pricing strategies for the largest independent block of in-force business in the industry. This includes building and maintaining Stop-Loss data and reporting capabilities to enhance pricing effectiveness and support the ongoing needs of the business.
- Oversee on-going Stop-Loss product pricing analysis:
• Develop and enhance rate study methodologies
• Coordinate and implement changes to renewal strategy and philosophy
• Provide ongoing consultation on a case-by-case basis for new business and renewal opportunities
• Provide sign-off as the product actuary for internal actuarial and finance controls
• Insure compliance with state filing requirements
- Management of Stop-Loss data and reporting capabilities:
• Oversee the maintenance and creation of detailed actuarial reports and models in support of the business
• Identify and leverage additional sources of data to enhance pricing capabilities
• Partner with consumer insights to improve risk selection parameters through innovative actuarial models and data sources
• Support development of financial plans and business projections
- Partner with the business to identify opportunities for profitable growth:
• Develop market level strategies to meet the growth and profitability objectives of the business
• Support product development initiatives
• Assist in the development and delivery of training programs for Underwriting, Distribution, and Claims
- Create a winning environment:
• Provide proper coaching and support of direct reports
• Be a source of encouragement and motivation for the organization
• Influence the strategy and direction of the business
• 7 years of health insurance experience
• Prior management experience
• Superior communication skills, technical expertise, and business acumen
Sun Life Financial (U.S.) Services Company, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 11246, Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such the company is committed to taking positive steps to implement the employment-related aspects of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy. It is the company’s policy to take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities without regard to their race/ethnicity, sex, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to 41 CFR §§ 60-300.44(f)(1)(ii) and 741.44(f)(1)(ii), we hereby notify you of our company policy related to our affirmative action efforts and request appropriate action on your part.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter -for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.
Title: Director - Stop Loss Actuarial Pricing
Requisition ID: ACT01931
Other Locations: US-MO-Kansas City, US-CT-Windsor, US-ME-Scarborough, US-MA-Wellesley, US-Remote-Remote