Sun Life Financial Director, International Life Solutions Marketing in Wellesley, Massachusetts
The Director of International Life Solutions Marketing will provide overall leadership and key direct contributions for the marketing and growth of Sun Life Financial International’s offshore high value life insurance for global high-net-worth (HNW) Clients.
Success in the position will be defined by performance in the following dimensions:
• Compliance of Marketing efforts with all appropriate regulatory, legal and risk requirements
• Protection of the Sun Life brand reputation and of important dependencies within the portfolio of Sun Life businesses around the world
• Communication of the advantages of Sun Life’s offerings, translating technical content from business subject matter experts into Client-centric, sales-enabling content for external stakeholders
• SMEs and make it client focused and sales-enabling, should this be a requirement, translating such that all stakeholders see the opportunity to make Sun Life their carrier of choice
• Promotion of growth of the International HNW Life business through engagement of distribution partners in existing and expanded areas of opportunity
• Differentiation of Sun Life’s expertise and solutions through laser-targeted programs and support of the Distribution team
• Partnership with and support to business leaders in Distribution, Product, Operations, Underwriting, Compliance, and Legal.
The Director of International Life Solutions Marketing will be responsible for:
• Leading a direct report and multiple peers on projects, while also making key direct contributions
• Applying creative approaches to potently market a product to an elite niche target of global brokers and bankers, while avoiding any accidental spillover to publicly viewable media. Vehicles will include collateral, direct email, digital events and webinars, in –person summit events and other methods to be determined.
• Supporting Distribution in their interactions with broker partners
• Interacting regularly with leaders of business and functional groups to align the Marketing efforts, operational field communications, internal communications and PR plans with overall business strategies
• Encouraging the cultivation of topics, content and speakers by finding internal practices and experts that can be refined into presentations and materials
• Supporting employee engagement priorities, including esprit d’corps in the Bermuda on-island team, celebration of community involvement, and alignment with corporate values of inclusion.
• Supporting Client messaging for operational and relationship communications for Clients and partners of the active Life business and closed-block Wealth business
• Building a long-term plan that supports the strong growth goals for the Life business, including consideration of the following key projects:
o Email support of the enhanced Core product
o Continued refinement of general product-specific materials: Product Guide, Country Guide, Field Underwriting Guide, Financial Strength documents, various e-Kits for sales and service
o In collaboration with Operations, maintenance of current documents on our sales and service portals
o In collaboration with Operations and Legal/Compliance, support communication of our Client Due Diligence (CDD) requirements and process, in support of our commitment to meet globalAML/KYC standards and the regulations of the Bermuda Monetary Authority
o Development of a broker onboarding plan
o Development of a webinar series on key issues in Global HNW Life
o Development of a virtual summit involving key distributions partners gathering online to share trends and best practices
o Development of an online distributor community using the existing Vision Critical tool
o Support of development of key sales and service presentations
o Conversion of existing marketing materials, service portals and illustration tools from traditional desktop web formats to mobile formats
o Launch of new products or expansion to new market segments or geographies
• Managing program budgets within established parameters
Join our talented, diverse workforce and cultivate a rewarding career. Visit us at https://www.sunlife.com/international to learn more.
• 5-10 years of high-net-worth financial services marketing, product or distribution experience, ideally including global/offshore universal life.
• Understanding of the basic technical features and vocabulary of life insurance products and the distribution and ownership structures that are predominant in HNW solutions
• Familiarity with all stages of communication, including: definition of strategy; messaging; production of materials and speaker training.
• Player/coach mentality, able to lead a function while also making direct contributions as a role model.
• Balance of assertiveness to make things happen and awareness of the care required in a diversified enterprise where brand reputation is a key asset and where new approaches are appropriately challenged by long-held practice and governance.
• Must have excellent core communication skills, both verbal and written.
Sun Life Financial is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Title: Director, International Life Solutions Marketing
Requisition ID: MAR02253
Other Locations: CA-ON-Toronto