Hitachi Data Systems Senior Solutions Marketing Engineer - 021105 in Waltham, Massachusetts
Title: Senior Solutions Marketing Engineer Location: Massachusetts-Waltham
Ignite your career with Hitachi Data Systems (HDS)! Great careers start with innovation and here at HDS, our mission is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, individuality, and collaboration.
Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. with approximately $4 Billion in revenue, is the best partner to help enterprise organizations accelerate their digital transformation. Businesses are looking to digital transformation to innovate, uncover new revenue streams and form new business models, and these experiences are driven through data. No one knows data like Hitachi. We have helped the world’s largest and most complex organizations with one thing – data. We have a proven, integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable this digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics.
Transform today and thrive, with HDS, tomorrow!
The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) is a technologist who works as a part of the product marketing team and strikes a balance between a deep understanding of the inner-workings of our products and solutions and the relevance of that understanding to a business-level buyer. The ideal candidate will be expected to be just as comfortable in the lab/datacenter as they would in front of an audience of C-Level customers. This candidate will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products and solutions that we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements. This means a strong commitment to customer success, innovation and collaborative spirit are foundational for this role.
Before you apply, keep in mind: much will be expected of you that may not be documented here; you must be a technical expert, you must possess a strong technical background in various areas of object and cloud architectures, and you’ll need the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our products and solutions. If you’re up for the challenge, keep reading.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Become the technical expert on our Content and Data Intelligence Portfolio
· Develop subject matter expertise around key solutions and business strategies to become a resource for pre-sales, deliver, and support teams
· Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, sales and pre-sales to develop clear, concise and differentiated technical sales enablement materials including collateral, product demonstrations, blogs, screencasts, technical whitepapers, and additional materials for our Content and Data Intelligence solutions and products
· Drive product launch activities for the Hitachi Content Intelligence product and solutions, support launch activities for other products in the portfolio, and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences, and Sales/Channel Partner training events
· Be ready, and prepared, to answer technical product and solutions questions during the sales process and ensure the sales teams are up to date on the current and relevant details of the Hitachi Content Intelligence product
· Stay abreast of the product roadmap and thoroughly understand the use-cases, features and functions of the Content and Data Intelligence portfolio and how these are applied to address business outcomes and/or organizational challenges
· Research competing products and solutions and maintain competitive briefs on them
· Travel (domestic and international) to attend internal meetings, customer engagements, industry events, etc.
· Build and maintain a demonstration environment for our Data Intelligence products and solutions to support sales and marketing initiatives
· Regularly engage with industry analysts to keep them up-to-date on our product and solutions activities, explore new market opportunities, test product messaging and positioning, and solicit feedback from their view of the market and vertical we operate in
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
· Strong domain knowledge in key technology areas (at least two): cloud/object/datacenter architectures, data management, data governance, data security, virtualization, data analytics, enterprise search and DevOps/UserDev
· Demonstrable ability to develop clear, creative and compelling technical marketing messages that can be easily translated into business value/business outcome messages
· Experience in selling, marketing, supporting or implementing enterprise-level technology solutions – especially in hybrid cloud models and/or big data
· Given that this role requires speaking with customers, at conferences and seminars, at user-group events, etc., strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills are an absolute must
· Proven ability to perform technical evaluation and market positioning of competitive products and solutions
· A proven ability to deliver product and solutions presentations and training that is creative, compelling, through provoking and relevant
· Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and market needs and translate these into effective messages for business and technical audiences
· Self-starter with strong problem solving and cross-functional skills, the ability to think and work strategically, and execute as both a leader and as an individual contributor
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
· At least a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
· MBA a plus, but not required
· At least 10 years of relevant experience as a TME, Sales Engineer, Software Developer, Solutions Architect, or Product Marketing Manager
· Extensive customer and field experience
· Software development and scripting experience
· Your portfolio – which means more than just a resume, be sure to include a list of publically accessible links that demonstrate your skills, your contributions to the industry, your presentation and communication skills, and any other works you think are relevant to why you are the right candidate for us
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.