National Grid Program Manager (Lead) in Waltham, Massachusetts
_About the Position_*: *
As a Lead Program Manager in New England Pricing, you will be responsible for supporting various National Grid New England operating companies to lead in the recovery of revenue through detailed insight on and development of gas and electric rate design and cost recovery mechanism. You will develop thought leadership within New England Regulation & Pricing and work with other regulatory functions to build knowledge on how to handle new and complex pricing mechanisms. You will work with the Director of New England Pricing, Manager of New England Gas Pricing, and Manager of New England Electric Pricing, to develop strategy and you will be responsible for testimony in support of and implementation of pricing that reflects the regulatory strategy. You assignments across commodities (electric and gas) and state jurisdiction (MA and RI) and you will manage analysts assigned to support the assignments for which you are responsible.
You will also be responsible for overseeing analysts who administer the New England tariffs, responding to discovery in various regulatory proceedings in which you are involved or supporting, responding to ad hoc requests for analyses, and preparing/submitting various filings as needed for regulatory approval.
You will be a lead stakeholder in contributing to the development of the communication of new or changed rates and charges to a wide variety of internal stakeholders, resulting in the billing of gas and electric customers, communications to employees and customers of such changes to rates and charges, and consulted in the application of these rates, charges, terms, and conditions pursuant to our tariffs to advise on their application in a consistent and non-discriminatory manner. You will also be responsible for various analyses requested by internal and external stakeholders in support of company strategy and objectives.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
· Manage analysts and consult to the Director of New England Pricing on an as-needed basis on rate case strategy, cost recovery proposals, tariff development, and pricing analyses in order to ensure they are in line with strategic business objectives.
· Lead the internal development or support consultants in the preparation of studies that support revenue recovery, including embedded cost of service studies, rate design, and associated bill impacts in order to optimize revenue recovery.
· Prepare or oversee the preparation of written testimony and analyses in support of regulatory filings and deliver oral testimony as a company witness or in support of other company witnesses or consultants in order to ensure best outcomes for National Grid.
· Oversee the development of studies and analyses to support new rate and/or service offerings and proposed, changes to, and periodic updates of existing tariffs and terms and conditions for service in order to improve business performance in the medium and longer term.
· Manage responses to requests for information from senior management, regulators, media, customers, and other internal and external parties related to tariff filings, interpretation, and administration in order to identify and deliver appropriate solutions to all parties. Prepare, review, and/or approve responses to discovery related to pricing, rate case, and non-rate case filings in order to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
· Develop innovative approaches to rate-making issues in order to increase profits and enhance National Grid’s reputation for leadership on policy issues.
· Maintain regular communication with internal stakeholder groups to ensure new tariffs and pricing are consistent with internal needs and that billing, accounting, finance, commodity procurement, and system planning is kept aware of new rate mechanisms and their implications.
· Lead, motivate, and develop a professional team, prioritize work, and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
_Knowledge & Experience Requirements:_
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, accounting, engineering or related field or equivalent experience; a master’s in business is a plus.
· Typically role requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience, preferably in regulatory or a related field. If the applicant has direct utility-related experience, an applicant with fewer years’ experience may be considered.
· In-depth knowledge, professional experience, and deep understanding of the issues impacting the energy industry sector, specifically rate design and its implications on other regulatory functions.
· Demonstrates strong negotiating, influencing, and communication skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to small and large audiences, including corporate executives and regulatory agencies.
· Demonstrates the ability to provide direction and the appropriate structure to enable a team to deliver high performance.
· Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working (e.g., taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices).
· Demonstrates the ability to network internally and externally and to develop successful, long-lasting business relationships with others and seeks to understand and challenge business scenarios to the benefit of all parties.
· Will be aligned with both electric and gas based upon business need and priority.
· Can act as substitute for either Manager of New England Pricing.
· Oversight of assigned resources, the number of which is variable and will adjust based on workload demands.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Job: *Regulatory & Pricing
Organization: *Regulatory & Pricing
Title: Program Manager (Lead)
Requisition ID: 20171476