TIAA Business Strategy Lead – Institutional Retirement Business in Waltham, Massachusetts
Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success * .
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa.org/public/why-tiaa/who-we-are .
Business Strategy Lead – Institutional Retirement Business
Locations: Charlotte, Denver, Dallas, Waltham
The Business Strategy Leader role is accountable for evolving our company and our retirement offer to keep pace with the changing needs of our market and customers. The Strategy lead role will perform as both a thought-leader for IRB executives and a program manager for strategic initiatives.
Business Management Strategy roles at this level typically manage others to drive business planning and business management/support programs and activities across multiple smaller or moderately sized functional businesses, ensuring alignment with business strategy. Typically responsible for managing special projects/programs from "end to end" (e.g., change management initiatives, new business launches, etc.), and may act as the business area’s liaison with corporate support and project management leaders. Is viewed by clients as a trusted advisor and partner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide leadership and support for the implementation of a multi-year business area strategy/plans that meets the requirements of the business and drives improvements to key performance indicators
Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business management practices within the assigned area by identifying and planning the execution of best practices
Analyze and assess area data and metrics to ensure that it supports strategic decision making and evidences progress against strategic objectives
Drive resolution for resource re-allocation prioritization issues within/across an area(s) by sponsoring and facilitating dialogue supported by key business management data/metrics
Outline the communication strategy for the assigned area to ensure consistency in messaging. Cascade key strategic messages to the business area and embed appropriately into business area communication to ensure understanding and engagement
Lead business unit or group-wide business management projects that foster standardization and consistency
• BA/BS Degree required
• Previous experience with writing memos for a broad distribution
• 3 years of Institutional Retirement Business knowledge or experience and the enterprise
• 5 years of experience of business area strategy liaison or similar Business Manager role (e.g, IT, HR, Legal, Marketing etc.).
• 8 years of experience in a financial or professional services environment
• 3 years working with leaders and stakeholders on project work
• Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Visio, Word proficiency
• In-depth understanding of the principles of business management/ planning, including finance, risk and project management, change management, human capital management
• Superior verbal and written communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills
• Superior time management skills for self and others
• Exceptional organization and coordination abilities
• Willingness and ability to work at both strategic and tactical administrative levels with an ability to be nimble, and adaptive during changing direction of projects and strategies
• Proven ability to discern what is critical and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience leading others through influence
• Identified as having potential and aspiration for broader leadership levels and/or responsibilities
• Handle sensitive and confidential information with tact and diplomacy, using good judgment, discretion and professionalism
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
Job: Business Administration and Support
Primary Location: MA-Waltham
Req ID: 1708672