Granite Telecommunications Senior Product Manager in Quincy, Massachusetts
Granite Background & History: __
Granite is one of the premier telecommunications solutions providers for businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support. Granite has over $1.2 billion in revenue with 1,700 employees.
Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $6 million in donations last year to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation, and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Granite Product Team is a dynamic group engaged in a wide variety of projects at many levels of the organization. The Senior Product Manager position is an integral part of that environment where practicality, communication and collegiality are necessary components.
The successful candidate will be expected to get up to speed quickly and become a subject matter expert on assigned product and the ever changing telecommunications industry in general. The Senior Product Manager will act as a resource for senior management evaluating new products. The position requires a team player with good written and verbal communication and relationship building skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Director of Product Development, the Senior Product Manager will collaborate with all internal departments on the development, deployment and support of assigned products, with a focus on Granite’s data product portfolio. Assigned duties and initiatives include:
- Research on updates of existing products and new technologies, products and services on competitive landscape
- Subject matter experts for assigned products, included IP data access and networking and related products and services
- Work with finance to define pricing to ensure competitiveness in the market as well as financial profitability in the marketplace
- Assist with vendor contract management
- Product implementation and lifecycle management
- Cross departmental collaboration on product implementation and source of best practices for other departments
- Creation of documents for product business rules, technical specifications and sell sheets/battle cards
- Writing and review of white papers and case studies
- Training and support of sales and premier teams and other departments
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field or business/marketing
- Prior experience in the telecommunications industry, including a minimum of 7+ years of hands on experience of IP data access, networking, products and services
- In depth knowledge and understanding of core access services as well as managed services such as monitoring, managed router, SD-WAN, VPN and network and premise based firewalls
- Experience working with third party service providers such as Cisco/Meraki, Adtran and Fortinet
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including writing skills
- Experience working cross functionally with various groups and departments (Engineers, Sales Solution Engineers, IT, Provisioning, NOC management, Customer Care) throughout product lifecycle
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
- Business case creation and financial modeling experience
- Ability to work independently, multitask and coordinate activities across a range of functional areas
- Strong presentation, cross-functional leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills. Must interface effectively with internal management and vendor representatives
Commitment to continued professional development
Ability to identify problems or inefficiencies and independently offer/implement practical solutions
Proficient in all MS Office Applications, intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge a plus
- Masters or other advanced degree in telecommunications, engineering or related fields
- Professional certifications such as MEF certification, Cisco (CCDA and CCNA) or Fortinet NSE
- Understanding of FCC regulatory matters as they apply to the data products
- Prior sales experience and/or ability to messaging products into a comprehensive sales program
Location: Quincy, MA (HQ)
Job Code: 1811
# of Openings: 1