Siemens Product Marketing Spec 3 in Norwood, Massachusetts
Product Marketing Spec 3
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 208728
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Global Outbound Marketing Manager – POC Critical Care
The role of the Global OutboundMarketing Manageris to serve as business leader for their assigned product lines. The individual is responsible for developing and implementing the worldwide marketing strategy and commercialization plan for their assigned products.
The Global OutboundMarketing Manageris responsible for the meeting or exceeding the business plan for the assigned portfolio. The individual represents the market, customer and business needs in order to ensure successful commercialization in line with the defined business plan for their products.
The Global OutboundMarketing Managermust be capable of leading cross functional teams to execute successful commercialization of new and existing products. Relationship development with customers and country sales and marketing organizations is needed to clearly understand customer needs and translate those needs into actionable requirements. Active engagement, support of, and strategizing with country marketing, worldwide, is critical to the success of this role.
The Global OutboundMarketing Managerreports to the Director, Global Marketing. The individual is an interface to regions, countries, key opinion leaders, and end-users and interacts with all members of the BA functions, Marketing/Sales Operations/Communications (MSC) including Product Line Management (PLM), Marketing Communications and Creative Services Teams to achieve the objectives of the responsible products.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required for successful interaction with members of all Business Area functions to achieve objectives. This role actively pulses the industry to understand the competitive environment, anticipates market trends and demands, and is capable of developing and presenting business proposals for product / portfolio strategic initiatives.
• Author and execute marketing plans and commercialization plans for the assigned product lines.
• Develop and communicate short- and long-term market strategy for assigned product lines.
• Lead commercialization teams for successful development and execution of product launch plans and deliverables.
• Define global pricing for assigned products.
• Create and oversee the effective implementation of product training for your assigned products in order to maximize execution of the commercialization plan and ensure achievement of the business objectives.
• Define target markets and create specific customer messaging and value propositions for target customer segments
• Develop and manage key opinion leaders; identify and respond to trends impacting customers and markets for assigned products.
• Identify and respond to competitors' strategies and products that compete with assigned products.
• Collaborate with external agencies and internal colleagues to create impactful promotional materials that include market data, voice of the customer input, and country sales and marketing input.
• Collaborate with Global Inbound Marketing Managers by contributing to Design Input Requirements (DIRs) and financial models for product development programs for assigned products.
• • Manage the entire life cycle of the assigned portfolio. Monitor product health and customer satisfaction for assigned products and contribute to the definition and prioritization of product health improvement programs for assigned products. Create customer and internal communications relative to product health initiatives in partnership with business unit colleagues.
DesirableSkills and Traits:
• 3+ years previous Marketing experience; global level desired but not required
• Demonstrated success in the launch and commercialization of global product lines
• Previous experience with in-vitro diagnostics, preferably POC
• Previous sales success in a business to business environment
• Ability to work cohesively in a team
• Conceptual creativity
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong leadership capability
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .