Jewish Community Center Program Producer, Hot Buttons Cool Conversation Series in Newton, Massachusetts
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: Hot Buttons, Cool Conversations brings together distinguished scholars, thought leaders and expert moderators for thought-provoking dialog on issues of concern to the Jewish community and beyond. Through this series, the JCC serves as a community living room, a place where people who hold diverse perspectives come together, share opinions and gain deeper understanding. JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization where families can access a wide range of learning, fitness, camping, and enrichment resources while connecting with a vibrant local Jewish community. Serving more than 50,000 people each year, we engage more Jews and the people in their lives than almost every other Jewish institution in Boston combined.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
JCC Greater Boston seeks a part-time Program Producer and Thought Partner to execute three to four major high-level speaker events. The Program Producer and Thought Partner will work with JCC professional staff and lay leaders to envision, develop, market and execute the Jon Samen Hot Buttons, Cool Conversations Series. This position reports to the VP Youth Service and Adult Engagement, JCC Greater Boston.
Position goals and responsibilities are:
- Collaborate to build a high caliber celebrity speaking series
- Vision, research, develop and write positioning for all core panel concepts
- Identify, reach out to and procure speakers and potential planning partners
- Craft emails, letters, mission statements, and all correspondence related to panels
- Write all marketing materials, including core concepts for internal and external distribution
- Partner with the marketing team to create collateral materials
- Manage outreach to panelists
- Coordinate procurement of all panelist information (bios, head shots, special requests)
- Manage the relationship with WGBH to broaden the scope of the audience beyond those in attendance
- Develop and execute new ways to expand viewership beyond the in-person presentation
- Coordinate with internal Marketing and Leadership team to build visibility and brand of the series and increase overall audience participation and engagement
- Work with other internal JCC staff as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES):
- Proven track record of program development and execution**
- Experience with event management **
- Audience development, marketing and outreach**
- Strong networking skills and ability to think outside-the-box to identify and reach potential panelists**
- Demonstrable strong communications skills and the ability to write effective and compelling marketing materials, outreach, electronic communications on behalf of all staff and lay leadership **
- Ability to collaborate and work with volunteer leadership and presenters **
- Detail oriented with strong organization, follow-through, and project management skills **
- Availability to work at all JSHBCC events**
Position available immediately. **
Part-time 25 hours per month, but flexibility to work more hours as necessary to execute events.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Date Posted: 07/11/2017
Title: Program Producer, Hot Buttons Cool Conversation Series
JCC: JCCs of Greater Boston
Location: Newton, MA