Navient Digital Designer in Newton, Massachusetts
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) is a Fortune 500 company that provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The role of Digital Designer at Navient requires formal design training with outstanding conceptual and visual design skills. The candidate must be able to partner with copywriters and marketing team members to ensure that copy and voice support design concepts. The candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of brand architecture systems and have the ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail. This position requires self-motivation and strong communication skills. Will be responsible for presenting work to key internal stakeholders. Proficient use of After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premier are a must. A combination of motion graphics, desktop video editing/production, and print design skills are essential. Must present a strong portfolio of work from diverse industries. Must be an exemplary team player and live the Navient brand.
- Project work -- Conceptualize and design for digital and print
- Create compelling motion graphics, videos, presentations, and print documents for marketing needs
- Understand how to work within brand guidelines and leverage them in your designs
- Complete projects according to the deadlines within the creative services job flow process
Prioritize work, and balance multiple projects with competing timelines
- Manage the multimedia/video encoding production process
Preparation of final mechanical files for release to vendors (print, web, exhibit, apparel, etc.)
Build and maintain expertise in design and production technologies relevant to business objectives
- Attends design workshops; reviews professional publications; participates in professional societies
- Share ideas and excites co-workers about design/creative marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design/Interactive Design
- 2-4 years digital design experience
- Email development
- Mac OS
- PowerPoint and MS Word
- HTML Web coding
- Understanding of financial services
- Proficiency in: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Integrated Adobe Acrobat, MS Office
- Concept development and layout skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow through on projects
- Communicate effectively with marketing staff and other key stakeholders
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.