Shire HAE Insights Lead in Lexington, Massachusetts
Provides strategic business insights capabilities for HAE disease area, which includes a portfolio of products including launch. This will include forecasting, analytics, primary market research and competitive intelligence. Brings independent thinking to the team - supports and challenges where appropriate.
20% Business Analytics
Provides ad hoc as well as regular analyses to the Product team to support ongoing business activities in the development/refinement of commercial strategy
• Explore industry trends and emerging markets and presents their implications to GBI and Product Teams
• Designs and consequently delivers reports to Global Commercial Team on Brand performance to ensure informed decisions; offers suggestions on action plans
• Brings strong contribution to Situational Analysis by providing information from e.g. market research and translating it into strategies for the Product
30% Market Research
Designs and implements global market research projects and activities related to strategic decision support, and deliver high quality business insights, specifically:
• Identifies data gaps and generates a yearly market research roadmap for the Product, including business needs, timelines, methodology, and budget.
• Responsible for execution of market research projects, including vendor selection and management, internal alignment and approvals (CMLR), utilization of new research methodologies and data sources (where appropriate), and presenting the final deliverables with the global and regional teams
• Manages global primary and secondary market research for in-line Products
• Translates market research information into strategic implications and provides recommendations to Brand Team.
• Ensures regional dissemination of market research results and implications
• Ensures incorporation of Regional needs in market research roadmap.
30% Competitive Intelligence
Partners with global brand team to define and execute strategy around Competitive Intelligence
• Collaborates with CI COE to generate competitive landscape summary (e.g. for Situational Analysis)
• Leads CI task force on behalf of brand team (where appropriate)
• Interpretes global competitive intelligence and other relevant metrics for the Product Team and provides strategic recommendations
Work closely with the BU Forecasting lead to accurately project current and future products/indications
• Generate evidence to ground assumptions in facts
• Lead consensus gaining process across BU and International Commercial
• Scenario planning and sensitiveity development for risks and opportunities
• Close collaboration with other CGO teams
Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Health Sciences or related discipline / Business Administration.
• MBA/M.Sc./Pharm.D. an asset
• Recommended 7+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry. 5 years of experience in forecasting, market research and competitive intelligence in an international capacity is preferred.
• Experience of project management across a range of functions, seniority, and geography
• Business development and/or marketing experience is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.