Shire ECP Marketing Lead (Associate Director) in Lexington, Massachusetts
Under the direction of the Ophthalmics ECP Marketing Lead, the Senior Product Manager leads the implementation and management of strategies, programs, services and tactics for assigned channel(s) in conjunction with a product launch.
As part of the marketing team, this role shares responsibility for executing strategies that will result in achieving revenue, market share and A&P expense targets. In delivering against assigned objectives, the role collaborates and integrates extensively with other members of the marketing team and multiple other internal functions. The role also requires flexibility to respond to requests from leadership to support various key projects and initiatives that may arise. As appropriate, this role provides direction for work delegated to vendors to ensure quality and timely completion of deliverables or provision of services.
60%: Marketing Execution
• Lead planning and implementation of assigned programs and tactics to deliver against developed strategies
• Develop area-specific promotional and service-oriented content for personal and/or non-personal channels
• Manage A&P budget and expenses as assigned by the Marketing Lead, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently
• Collaborate with team members to align programs and tactics that fall across customer focus
• Effectively manage relevant vendor, agency and consultant resources and their work product to ensure responsible and impactful use of A&P funds
• Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders to ensure achievement of assigned objectives and/or maximize the impact & effectiveness of programs and tactics to achieve those objectives
• Track and monitor all program/tactic targets to drive measurable results as compared with spend (ROI).
• Collaborate and foster a positive relationship with CMLR to ensure an effective and productive promotional materials review process
• When appropriate, assist Sales Training in enhancing or reinforcing sales representatives’ abilities to appropriately execute upon agreed strategies and tactics
• Establish and manage the overall timing, deliverables, dependencies, issues, risks, and resolutions to marketing initiatives
30%: Marketing Excellence
• Possess and develop deep product knowledge the necessary for the therapeutic area
• Contribute to the relevant customer strategies
• Partner with Insights and Market Research to garner the necessary actionable insights to be applied to your marketing activities
• Ensure understanding of and adherence to all relevant internal and external policies or guidelines related to the team’s activities and deliverables
• Overall accountability & leadership of assigned marketing initiatives
10%: Communication, Coordination & Alignment
• Effectively communication and collaborate with team members to ensure efforts across functions are aligned within markets and across customer groups
• Leverage cross-functional learnings and activities to realize potential synergies
Education & Experience Requirements:
• College degree is required
• 5 years of pharmaceutical (or broader Healthcare) commercial experience is required
• 2-3 years of pharmaceutical marketing/product management experience
• 1+ years of either sales experience and/or sales training experience is preferred
• Knowledge/experience regarding brand positioning, branding, message development and campaign development
• Experience developing or implementing sales, patient, and/or professional focused programs or initiatives (multi-channel promotion)
• Demonstrated success in collaborating across an organization to implement programs and/or tactics supporting brand objectives
Other Job Requirements:
• Domestic travel required
• Ability to travel overnight ≤ 20%
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.