Dell Sr. Consultant Product Marketing in Hopkinton, Massachusetts
As a Product Marketing Manager for DPD, you will develop and drive the product marketing strategy for your software and cloud data-protection solutions. You will help develop product packaging, positioning, messaging, and marketing initiatives to win in your target Enterprise and SMB customer segments. You will have and continue to develop a good understanding of customer challenges, market dynamics, the competition, our own portfolio and market differentiation, and any product/positioning gaps. You will drive unique and differentiated conversations with our target customers in different segments. You will know how to choose the right tactics to reach your target audiences, both traditional (print, internet, events) and new (social). You will work closely with the field specialist organization, product management and development to create content and programs that drive field success, market awareness, and channel enablement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop core positioning, messaging, and packaging for on-site and cloud-based data protection solutions for Enterprise and SMB customers
• Develop and execute marketing programs and initiatives to increase sales, awareness, and adoption of data protection solutions. Own and guide the product launch strategy with cross-functional teams; focus on both internal (sales, global & field marketing, etc.) and external (customers, partners, analysts, press) audiences; develop objectives and success metrics; track and report results; manage budgets.
• Create effective marketing assets and content to promote value/benefits of data protection portfolio via white papers, presentations, case studies, solutions briefs, data sheets, blog posts, sales kits, etc. Drive messaging optimized for multiple social/communication/marketing channels.
• Evaluate and adjust marketing strategies to respond to changing market and business requirements.
• Effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including multiple levels of the executive leadership team, product management, sales and sales enablement, global marketing, other product/services teams, customers, partners, press & industry analysts.
• Monitor social media channels to track and influence discussions
• Maintain expertise on offering and capabilities through periodic training and self-initiated research.
• Maintain understanding of market landscape, competition, customer and partner requirements.
• Manage customer references for your offerings and ensure that reference stories are embedded in our Go to Market activities.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Critical Hiring Criteria:
This individual will need to be of high integrity, collaborative, optimistic, self-driven, results-oriented, creative, and highly skilled at oral and written communications. Ability to gather and synthesize input from multiple sources and provide an innovative approach to solving problems. Receive general instructions for required tasks with the ability to successfully complete them in the time allotted. Use sound judgment and leverage corporate policies to reach solutions. Represent Dell EMC in a positive and effective manner, exhibiting behavior consistent with Dell EMC’s core values.
Additionally, candidates should have:
• Bachelor degree required; MBA preferred.
• 10+ years high tech experience in marketing (preferably some in data protection, back-up, archiving)
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent story creation skills.
• Strong business writing skills.
• Ability to develop marketing plans and demand-generation programs.
• Experience with leveraging social media for marketing purposes preferred.
• Strong program management and execution skills.
• Ability to influence others to achieve results.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage projects in a matrix environment."
Marketing & Communications
206 - BACK UP & RECOVERY SYSTEMS
US - Massachusetts - Hopkinton