Staples Sr Pricing Manager in Framingham, Massachusetts
Position Summary: The Senior Manager will lead a team of Analysts supporting Staples US Merchants. This leader will collaborate and support the needs of the US Merchant team in regards to matters surrounding pricing, promotional effectiveness and strategies to deliver on stated BU objectives, while influencing leadership on innovation and change. The Senior Manager should be a very good communicator, can work independently and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift.
This may include, but is not limited to, developing and implementing pricing strategies to grow the business, as well as leading the implementation of pricing strategies in collaboration with the merchant team.
This manager will also be responsible for influencing pricing policies, coordinating reporting that provides insight, leading the execution on plans to improve selling profits / shaping demand across Staples customers, and delivering operational support to optimize selling margins.
• Lead collaboration with business partners to drive improved performance of sales and profit metrics.
• Make best decisions for the company using all inputs, past performance, using experience and strategic sources of information provided.
• Establish team and departmental objectives.
• Influence and communicate pricing department policies and offering.
• Lead and help design successful execution of all Staples Digital System (SDS) activities that relate to pricing & product assortment management
• Provide strategic oversight/interpretation of descriptive statistics and modeling (regression and clustering) to ensure insights are being appropriately and accurately interpreted • Ensure seamless integration of analytics to evaluate marketing and sales tactics • Identify and develop KPI’s to measure, monitor and report performance and develop plans to course correct where necessary • Analyze current and future product competitiveness and market position and work with merchandising to make recommendations portfolio management, and overall product strategy • Provide analytic support and market insights to cross-functional project teams • Establish a culture where innovation and change are prioritized and associates are confident in recommending change. • Drive change management with team, utilizing existing & future Staples Systems and tools. • Lead and own Merchandising and Marketing relationships • Own and drive ongoing interactions with the category Managers, Directors and Divisional VP’s
• Acts as business owner on cross-functional teams with other departments, including Finance, Merchandising, and SDS. • Oversee and assign responsibilities, performance and development of team • Conduct performance appraisals for direct reports; coach/develop direct and indirect reports • Own and develop team organization structure, employing crucial conversations, as well as recognizing and rewarding success • Review pay actions for direct and indirect reports • Mentor and coach managers and senior associates to optimize hiring & development. • Responsible for ongoing evaluation and optimization of team productivity, including the management and monitoring of associate metrics. Includes ability to manage crucial conversations as necessary, as well as recognizing and rewarding success.
Qualifications: Basic: • Master’s degree required, MBA from top tier school preferred, strong understanding of Economics, Statistics, Pricing, Marketing, and Finance (particularly how decisions impact the P&L and BS) • 7-10 years of relevant business experience in market research, forecasting, strategic planning and/or category management. Previous experience in marketing, pricing, sales, finance, or business analytics is preferred • Proficiency in modeling and reporting tools, specifically, Excel, SAS, R, SQL, Tableau, MicroStrategy, and Alteryx • Superior communication skills, verbal and written (PowerPoint presentation and oral presentation skills are required)
Preferred: • CPP welcome
Additional Information: Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Title: Sr Pricing Manager
Requisition ID: 1014064