Staples Sr. Manager Pricing in Framingham, Massachusetts
This leader is part of the Pricing Team that is focused on NAD’s small and mid-market customer segments across both the SBA and Staples.com portfolio. This individual will focus on leading the execution on plans to drive incremental sales and margin across both operating platforms while leveraging a more data oriented approach to pricing this growing segment. This leader will retain a focus on improving customer price perception and customer retention.
Responsibilities include conceptualizing, creating and communicating analyses and insights on inputs that can impact price perception, retention, sales and margin, which includes (but is not limited to) product category performance, website performance, customer behavior, voice of customer, and competitive intelligence. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for strategic reporting and analysis regarding pricing’s results. This reporting will help the business to prioritize opportunities, understand price elasticity and to track / understand both benefits / risks. This individual also leads a team of Analyst, Sr. Analysts and/or Project Managers.
This position represents an ideal role for a highly motivated and analytical individual. Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, successful applicants should possess a combination of structured strategic thinking, exceptional leadership and collaboration skills, strong analytical ability and a passion for new ideas.
• Own and advocate pricing strategies. Lead interactions with technical teams; provide business requirements for implementing the strategy, and deliver complete reporting and business analytics.
• Attract and hire motivated and skilled associates. Build and retain a high performing, talented team.
• Understand the internal and external competitive environment and the importance of pricing in developing long-term customer trust.
• Deliver timely and relevant insight re: pricing results (including pricing tests). Communicate and ensure organization-wide alignment and understanding on what these results mean and future implications.
• Understand key business objectives and continually align work with those objectives and seek to deliver business value.
• Act as analytical thought partner for Business Leaders, Pricing Leaders, Merchandising and other stakeholder groups on pricing-related issues. This includes analyzing market and customer factors to ensure pricing strategy is ready to compete, segment identification and profiling to determine likely market response to the planned pricing action, evaluation of customer segments and other trends affecting market and customers’ perceived value.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation and documentation.
• Respond with urgency to high-priority requests from senior business leaders.
• Minimum 8-10 years previous work experience required (4-6 years’ related experience in B2B distribution environment or financial/analyst work desirable)
• BA/BS Degree required with a concentration in Finance, Economic, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline highly preferred
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in pricing data science, business analytics, finance or comparable analytics positions
• Strong ability to translate data into insights and develop business recommendations that will drive revenue and margin impact
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans and execute against those plans
• Minimum of 3 years management experience in hiring, coaching and leading high performing teams
• MBA or advanced degree is preferred
• Demonstrated experience in pricing strategy, analytics, and management
• Bias for action and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be very organized and be able to balance competing priorities.
• Proven ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
• Comfortable working both independently with minimal supervision and closely in a team setting
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.