Staples Senior Manager, Merchandising Strategy and Operations in Framingham, Massachusetts
As an internal consultant on the Merchandising Portfolio Strategy team, you will works closely with senior Staples executives to drive the merchandising strategy. You will support that mission through consultative problem-solving, hypothesis-driven data analysis, fact-based decision making, and structured project management and facilitation. You will be exposed to core functions like Merchandising, Marketing, Planning, Finance and Operations. The role also provides exposure to various channels (Stores, Online, Staples Business Advantage).
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business
· Responsible for influencing business strategy, category strategy, and promotional strategy
· Leads change management for process changes required in Merchandising
Innovation and Change
· Recommends opportunities to streamline merchandising operations such as weekly circular development, seasonal process, etc.
· Recommend new techniques for evaluating promotions, success of new initiatives, etc.
Communication/Interactions: Internal & External Customers/Suppliers as well as Third Parties
Influence GMM level and below
Exchange and partner with DMM and below regularly
· Lead and facilitate cross functional meetings
· Assists in defining and modifying promotional analytics and optimization in the short term through long term
· Facilitates the development of long term category strategies
· Addresses short terms business needs through performance management meetings such as leadership caucus
Key Performance Indicators
· Hitting budgeted sales and margin
· Improve the margin output of US promotional strategy
Education/Experience Equivalent (Minimum Requirements)
Professional Knowledge Experience
· 8 years’ work experience
Can do attitude and interest in driving improvement and change
Problem solving and analytical skills including synthesis and the development of business insights
Credibility and influencer of senior leaders with competing interests with ability to build consensus
Effective communication skills
Retail expertise preferred
PowerPoint and Advanced Excel and skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.