Staples Manager, Mid-Market Sales Enablement in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples Business Advantage (SBA) wants to radically change the lives of our customers – specifically those ‘heroes’ who make their offices run every day. Our goal is to provide an extra set of hands to help crush the chaos of an office manager’s unpredictable work day. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
The Sales Enablement team is at the center of Staples’s 20/20 strategy and is instrumental to the planned sales growth among Mid-Market customers. The team provides operational, analytic, and project management support for over 1,500 inside and outside sales associates, that are doing a wide variety of call and face-to-face sales programs. The Mid-Market is expanding and we want you to be a part of the growth!
The Manager of Mid-Market Sales Enablement will be responsible for driving the successful delivery of key growth initiatives and projects through proactive, disciplined project planning & management. A good candidate for this role will have a proven track record of managing high profile projects, leveraging cross-functional partnerships, providing strategic leadership and displaying exceptional communication skills.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Contribute thought leadership and strategic input to the Mid-Market Sales space
• Partner with key teams in Sales Strategy, Ops, Finance, etc. to develop and drive improved sales structure and sales process initiatives from concept to execution
• Continually strive to identify opportunities to improve campaign and sales efficiencies and proactively spot and communicate trends
• Leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
• Keep abreast of industry and sales-related companies and technologies, and be responsible for initial analysis of interested vendors. Highlight possibilities from this analysis and make recommendations of whether to pursue or decline
Coordinate and Project Manage the launch of new Mid-Market Sales initiatives
• Project manage various initiatives; provide ongoing status/progress reporting to senior leadership; identify risks and lead efforts to overcome challenges
• Work with cross-functional teams to complete requirements within required timeline and budget
• Identify and communicate dependencies with other areas of the company
• Work with functional support teams to ensure progress on dependencies
• Monitor implementation, track progress and resolve issues as they arise
• Identify and drive management and reporting of Key Performance Indicators for every project
• Balance multiple competing priorities, while paying close attention to execution details
Build and sustain relationships with internal business partners
• Foster a collaborative and healthy relationship with key business partners
• Creatively manage expectations in a fast-paced and complex environment
• Perform various analysis – ranging from financial modeling to customer survey interpretation
• Spend time learning from customers, salespeople, ecommerce engineers, marketers, merchants, etc.
Help facilitate and coordinate project core team meetings
• Communicate project progress to all interested parties
• Assist in developing and articulating long-range plans
• Bachelors Degree Required
• Masters Degree Preferred
• 4 to 7 years of experience in a related field
• Project management experience ranging from planning and design through execution, risk mitigation and analyzing results
• Strategic thinking combined with “on your feet” thinking; problem solver
• Exceptional communication skills
• Strong analytical background
• Relevant experience in senior level communications
• Demonstrated track record of success and leadership
• Proven ability to work with others effectively at all levels of seniority
• Mastery of PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience in additional analytics and business intelligence tools preferred
• Can do attitude and willingness to tackle any ask
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.