American Cancer Society Fundraising/Participant Outbound Call Specialist - Framingham, MA in Framingham, Massachusetts
Fundraising/Participant Outbound Call Specialist - Framingham, MA
Submit your LinkedIn Profile as your resume!
Apply with LinkedIn
Job ID #: 22995
Massachusetts - Framingham
Less than 1 year
At the American Cancer Society, we're on a mission to free the world from cancer. Until we do, we'll be funding and conducting research, sharing expert information, supporting patients, and spreading the word about prevention. All so you can live longer — and better.
We are seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate team members to make a difference by working as an MSABC Specialist for the Society’s Annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC) walk. Building a customer-centric culture is vital for the American Cancer Society to grow its relevance, revenue, and ultimately have the greatest impact on our mission.
This position is responsible for recruiting fundraising teams and retaining past teams for the MSABC walk. In this role you will identify people inside of corporations or other businesses that may have an interest in the issue of breast cancer, and would like to get involved with Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. The focus is on recruiting qualified potential Team Leaders and inviting them to our kickoff and assuring their attendance to the kickoff. After the kickoff, MSABC Specialists will continue to build relationships with these individuals by providing coaching, motivation, sharing recruitment strategies, and providing information to build their teams to reach their fund-raising goals.
This position also requires that the MSABC Specialist provide a high level of customer service to support team development and fund-raising utilizing a range of tools including websites and social media. This position will last approximately 24 weeks, beginning in mid-May and supporting MSABC events through October 2017.
• Recruit and prospect for MSABC Team Leader by phone within a call center environment to fundraise and participate in various MSABC events
• Coordinate and facilitate personal meetings with key constituents including corporate entities
• Prior to the event Kickoff you will be responsible for cold and warm outreach to corporate and “other” markets to engage participants in our kickoff events
• Post Kickoff you will be responsible for cultivation efforts coaching their fundraising with teams and participants as well as continued recruitment outreach
• Accurately track cultivation activities and fundraising progress using event database while speaking with the constituent on the phone
• Provide ongoing coaching, motivation and support to Team Leaders to ensure their needs and expectations are met
• Use and promote our fundraising best practices with Team Leaders to increase their fundraising efforts
• Provide Teams Leaders with logistical support and training on fundraising strategies and tools.
• Able to quickly build rapport with MSABC Team Leaders and constituents
• May include additional responsibilities as assigned
• Be able to work 37.5 – 40 hours per week
• Availability to work a set schedule between the hours of 8:30 am - 9 pm: Monday – Friday (limited evening work may be required throughout the project – possibly one evening after every two weeks)
• Self-motivated, goal oriented, and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Must be comfortable spending majority of time on the phone
• Must maintain an excellent attendance record during this project
• Exceptional verbal communication, persuasion and motivation skills
• Strong customer service & sales skills
• Prior experience working with volunteers a plus
• Able to communicate accurately and effectively using email
• Experience with social media & web site navigation
• Accurate data entry skills, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, database and spreadsheet management, email software, and internet browsers
• Ability to type 50 WPM
• Possess and exhibit an outgoing, friendly positive demeanor
• Focused, organized, and detail oriented
• Ability/willingness to learn and apply new skills quickly
• Employ discretion, tact, and empathy; pro-active and intuitive people skills
• Previous outbound sales call, community outreach, customer service and/or tele-service industry experience
• Previous success at account management and/or corporate relationship management
• Non-profit/Fundraising experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.