Thermo Fisher Scientific Senior Product Manager - Electrodes & Solutions in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
How You Will Make A Difference:
The Senior Product Manager position drives the value of the product portfolio with the development and implementation of new products, branding and channel management of their specific product line for the Water & Lab Products (WLP) Business Unit in the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the execution of objectives and decisions in the market segment. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for marketing plans to increase revenue and market share, and drive product development, training and support of the product. Relocation assistance may be considered.
What You Will Get to Do:
• Develop the global strategic plan and execution strategy
• Develop the global market segmentation strategy as it relates to the product portfolio
• Drive global marketing related activities for both new product development and existing products with an emphasis on innovation and brand.
• Create, manage and monitor business plan & product road map for all new and existing products
• Manage the product life cycle from inception to obsolescence
• Establish product positioning recommendations and guidance to the local organization and BU Market segment teams
• Obtain and interpret product/market information via surveys, market/product analysis, focus groups and customer feedback
• Conduct market research and voice of customer (VOC) for data driven decision making
• Conduct and present comprehensive product training
• Analyze, interpret, and report out monthly management reports in regards to product sales activity to budget, programs, market and channel trends and competition
• Specify, plan, and participate in industry conferences and exhibitions
• Courageous, outgoing, analytical, disciplined, agile, team oriented
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team through influence in a matrix organizational structure
• Results and proactive solution driven, the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks
• Proactively cooperate with other departments especially with respect to product development
• Ability to effectively present to all levels of an organization internally and externally
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
• MBA / MS preferred
• Has worked in marketing led organizations
• Ability to travel 30% - domestic & international
• Ability to work in a multinational / multicultural environment
• Global business acumen
• 5+ years of product management experience.
• Background in Lab measurements using Electrodes/Electro Chemistry preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working with customers, commercial teams and varied sales channels including Tier 1 and Tier 2 distributors and direct.
• Experience in developing and launching new products for global market
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.