RELX Group Sr. Product Manager - Authoring Platform in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Sr. Product Manager - Authoring Platform
Category: Product Management
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Content 2.0 is a tool that will enable digital first content production, empower internal and external stakeholders, and break down the separation between long form content creation and content for digital solutions. The Product Manager II will own one or more product features for Content 2.0, lead project execution with support from manager. He/she will represent their feature(s) within the cross-functional team and propose new feature ideas.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
• Interact directly with internal and external users with a structured agenda.
• Anticipate customer needs and prioritize those for the organization.
• Understand how his/her role impacts customer satisfaction.
• Analyze and interpret what is happening in the market, driven by the latest news/incidents, particularly competitive announcements and events.
• Predict short term market changes and implications on the product.
• Continuously aim to meet customer expectations without compromising the commercial viability of the product.
Data-Driven Decision Making & Analysis
• Actively gather data from multiple sources (customer, market analysis, sales and revenue, etc.) to drive solutions to business problems and issues of consequence to the company.
• Demonstrate the ability to make trade off decisions between potential product capabilities.
• Write AB test plans and review data.
• Identify and analyze problems and propose solutions.
• Effectively manage day-to-day issues and problems without intervention.
• Generate new ideas by analyzing product data for insights.
Go To Market
• Support the go to market strategy with good communication of customer requirements and timelines to stakeholders.
• Assist on launch plans through coordinated development with external customer facing teams such as marketing and sales.
• Answer user questions regarding feature function, pricing, packaging, value proposition and competition.
• Offer Train the Trainer sessions in support of stakeholders for system rollout.
• Assist on training materials for rollout
• Outline key milestones, outcomes and deliverables during go-to-market and product strategy planning.
Product Delivery and Lifecycle
• Solve customer issues with product features that achieve business goals and metrics.
• Deep understanding of his/her feature area.
• Participate in product discovery sprints for new product development.
• Knowledge of the company product processes.
• Manage portions of the product lifecycle.
• Familiar with agile methodologies.
Strategy & Commercial Acumen
• With assistance, determine strategic product priorities for a feature area, and shape/champion future product direction.
• Independently use information derived from competitive analysis to drive product direction and strategy.
• Understand the operating costs required to deliver the revenues.
Functional and Technical Competencies
• Unique history and/or expertise in product domain and serve as a technical resource for other groups.
-Experience with content authoring and management platforms is a plus
-Strong dedication to human centered design principles required
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical subject (Computer Science or Engineering discipline) is preferred, but not essential.
Ability to Identify and release changes or enhancements that improve a product, resulting customer in satisfaction and/or commercial impact.
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on ClinicalKey to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org .