GCP Applied Technologies Senior Product Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Work with Global Marketing Leadership Team and regional business unit directors to create product line strategies. Implement tactics to optimize product line P&L; for growth, profit and cash generation. Support new growth efforts to expand the product line, including into adjacent spaces, meeting and exceeding business unit goals.
Product Line Strategy and Leadership
- Set strategic direction for the region, identifying critical issues, regional business opportunities and recommending solutions.
- Understand market dynamics and customer needs and recommend product strategies based on those factors.
- Monitor the competitive environment, including product offerings and operational capabilities.
- Support global leadership team in development of Operating and Strategic Plans and providing required reporting information.
Support Regional Business Units
- Work with R&D; to develop new products programs and services for the Concrete Products business.
- Manage the programs through development and to launch, using the product development process.
- Communicate on program progress and risks to management, and lead the organization on go/no-go decisions at each stage of the project.
- Track portfolio and time balance of product development activities
- Recommend and implement pricing strategies, and cost reduction measures to optimize profitability
- Centralize and maintain all product and customer segmentation databases
- Optimize margins on product line with Operations, Supply Chain, R&D; and other functions
- Characterize demand – review and validate
- Work with Supply Chain to optimize DMCs with alternative raw materials. Required Skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Customer and market orientation
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence without direct reports
- Business acumen with a mindset for continuous improvement and productivity
- Good communication and teaming skills
- Innovative and passionate about the product line
- Excellent oral and written language skills in English
- Good data gathering and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Candidates must possess the business maturity to constantly establish priorities and act with initiative to reach goals of the business unit.
- 5-8 years experience, of which a significant part should be in a marketing, product management, technical service or commercial role
- Proven talent for leading a multi-cultural team in a matrix organization
- Expertise in a wide range of marketing practices and tools including project management and commercialization
- Strong PowerPoint and excel skills
- Building Materials or Construction Chemicals experience a big plus
- University degree in a technical discipline (civil or structural engineering preferred) or business discipline, post-graduate degree preferred
Job Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 706-241