Pegasystems, Inc. Sales Director - Financial Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Position: This influential leader will manage a team of talented Account Executives targeted to sell into defined financial services markets of existing and new accounts. This position includes hiring and coaching a world-class enterprise sales team, pipeline development, strategic planning, account management, accurate forecasting and consistent achievement of defined sales quota. This is an exciting interdepartmental role, as the Director of Sales will be working closely with marketing and product management to develop a strategic plan and sales campaigns for their sales team.
In this role, you will:
- Develop effective measures and maintain quality of planning to ensure requisite levels of productivity are achieved to reach team and individual sales goals
- Develop outbound marketing initiatives in conjunction with the marketing department and provide customer feedback
- Manage hiring, training and coaching of new and existing employees and ensure appropriate number of sales staff are deployed, while monitoring sales performance
- Define sales targets, and plan and coordinate efforts of sales staff in accordance with corporate objectives while maintaining acceptable levels of expense control
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- The opportunity to manage a world-class team while ensuring the successful sales of our exceptional products
- Competitive salary + uncapped commission targets, employee equity in the company, 3 weeks paid vacation plus 10 holidays, 2 community service days, medical/eye/dental coverage, and even pet insurance!
The Person: You should be interested in making the world’s leading organizations more productive, efficient, and most importantly – customer-centric. You have success leading and developing a team of sales executives in strategic financial services accounts with a key focus on consumer banking. At Pega, you will have the opportunity to work with strategic thought leaders in the financial services vertical, while managing existing relationships and developing new business with large, complex and strategic Fortune 500 banks.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8-12+ years of industry-related sales experience, including 5+ years of experience in sales management
- In depth knowledge of the financial services vertical including retail/consumer banking, commercial banking, capital markets, and wealth management
- Comprehensive understanding and proficiency in complex software relationship selling and understanding of complex data relationships and rules-based systems design
- The talent to persuade and influence, using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of thoughts, plans, activities, services and products
- Knowledge of strategic business applications in CRM, Sales, Operations, or Marketing
About Pegasystems: Pegasystems Inc. is the leader in software for customer engagement and operational excellence. Pega’s adaptive, cloud-architected software – built on its unified Pega® Platform – empowers people to rapidly deploy, and easily extend and change applications to meet strategic business needs. Over its 30-year history, Pega has delivered award-winning capabilities in CRM and BPM, powered by advanced artificial intelligence and robotic automation, to help the world’s leading brands achieve breakthrough business results. For information about benefits and culture, click here.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications