Harvard University Media Coordinator II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the HarvardX Production Manager, the Media Coordinator develops and maintains the HarvardX Media Team's shoot calendar. S/he advises the Production Manager on how available staff resources may best be allocated to HarvardX project priorities. In collaboration with the Senior Technical Operations Manager, the Media Coordinator oversees the Department's digital media ingest of all HarvardX acquired media assets. The Media Coordinator is expected to contribute and adhere to HarvardX policies on archiving standards for visual media as defined by HarvardX senior management.
The successful HarvardX Media Coordinator combines a solid understanding of digital media management with the diplomacy necessary to work within matrixed teams. S/he is a creative problem solver who prioritizes and frames constructive options and team approaches to resolve conflicts, work within operating constraints, and identify technical solutions for collaboration with the Senior Technical Operations Manager. Highly collaborative, the Media Coordinator is able to balance the competing demands inherent in production while maintaining timely, accurate and comprehensive production calendars and reports that meet the needs of HarvardX project teams.
- Schedules facilities, equipment and staff for HarvardX studio shoots and associated services at 125 Mount Auburn and the Hauser Studio.
- Manages logistical planning for HarvardX video shoots.
- Coordinates pre-production planning meetings for HarvardX video shoots, including coordination between the HarvardX Media Production and Instructional Development teams
- Coordinates, trains and provides input to performance evaluations for temporary/part-time production assistants.
- Oversees all digital media and ingests HarvardX acquired media in a timely manner and in accordance with HarvardX file naming and media ingest procedures
- Ensures proper archiving of all media assets.
- Develops and maintains metrics on level of effort required to create and deliver HarvardX media content.
- Responsible for project documentation and contributes regular status reports for HarvardX media production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 plus years related work experience
- Strong media coordination and/or production experience.
- Basic understanding of higher education pedagogical contexts and priorities.
- Aptitude for learning and applying new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work consistently and constructively in a fast-paced, highly matrixed environment.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members from a variety of backgrounds, disciplines and levels of expertise.
- Prior experience handling confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
- Prior successful work experience in educational media, education publishing, academic technology or teaching and learning support.
- Strong project management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.