City of Cambridge Library Assistant (Part Time)/ Adult Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Using basic library techniques and skills under the general supervision of the professional staff, provides exceptional service at the Q&A; desk and Information Commons, shelves and assists in the provision of quality public service.
- Delivers exceptional and engaging customer service to the public
- Under supervision of the Manager of Adult Services, provides reference/ readers' advisory service to the public in person, on the telephone, and by electronic means:
- Assists patrons in the use of library resources; explains print and online sources
- Assists patrons in the use of library computers and other library resources such as e-book readers and downloadable content
- Assists patrons with placing holds and inter-library loan requests
- Participate in merchandizing the collection; shelves materials and shelf-reads as needed
- Maintains the orderly function of the Information Commons, including communicating with the Manager of Adult Services and IT staff, enforcing the computer use policy, and basic computer troubleshooting
- Maintains work area in an orderly manner
- Works in other public service areas as needed
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Adult Services for the good of the department and the library
High school diploma or high school equivalency required. A bachelor's degree or coursework beyond high school is desirable. Requires sufficient experience in prior employment to indicate an ability to successfully perform the duties of the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of library techniques, tools, concepts, and resources
- Comfortable with computers and technology, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and the internet; Comfortable with or willing to learn use of tablets and e-readers
- Exceptional customer services skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions quickly and thoroughly
- Ability to communicate effectively, patiently and courteously with supervisor, library staff, and the public
- Genuine interest in helping library patrons and providing excellent service
- Punctuality and dependability
- Resourcefulness Tact Patience Initiative Enthusiasm Maturity
- Ability to handle multiple activities or interruptions at once
- Flexibility generally as well as in emergency staffing situations
- Ability to work with enthusiasm and initiative, a cheerful disposition, and a willingness to work positively, effectively and harmoniously with others within a team model, assisting and supporting coworkers
- Good knowledge of popular adult materials
- Physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including office equipment such as computers, tablets, printers, AV equipment and e-readers.
- Ability to sit and use computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods of time
- Strength to push or pull a loaded book cart which can weigh in excess of 100 pounds on level floor and up ramp, to lift or maneuver onto cart loads of up to 50 pounds, and to carry cartons of books or other materials or equipment
- Must be able to pay close attention to details and concentrate on work
- Time management ability to set priorities in order to meet assignment deadlines
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities which permits the employee to communicate effectively
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation which permits the employee to read books and patron requests, as well as to see what patrons are doing when they are at some distance from the workstation
- Sufficient manual dexterity which permits the employee to conduct data entry, open boxes and DVDs, cover books
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes which permits the employee to re-shelve library materials and work at public service desks
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in assigned area, including branches as needed. Work is performed primarily in an indoor setting at the Main Library. Normal office exposure to noise, stress and interruptions. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep abreast of changes.* *
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest by 5pm on the closing date via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312
THE CITY OF CAMBRIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WOMEN, MINORITIES, VETERANS, AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Job Title: Library Assistant (Part Time)/ Adult Services
Job Code: L414-709
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 15 hours per week. Initial schedule is Thursdays, 5:00PM to 9:00PM, Fridays, 10:00AM to 5:00PM, and Saturdays, 12:00PM to 5:00PM. Hours are assigned and may be changed to meet the needs of the Department and the Library.
POSTING DATE: July 13, 2017
CLOSING DATE: August 1, 2017
RATE: $22.30 per hour to $24.01 per hour in five steps