Pfizer Director, Worldwide Research and Development Business Development in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Worldwide Research & Development Business Development Director will be a key member of the WRD BD team. He/she will be responsible for business development activities supporting the Internal Medicine and Rare Disease Research Units. She / he will be responsible for building external relationships with potential partners and executing early stage transactions for Pfizer. The individual in this role will be responsible for understanding the RUs' priorities, aligning with category strategy, and partnering closely with Pfizer colleagues responsible for deal sourcing activities. When early stage transaction opportunities are identified, this individual will ensure timely execution according to research unit priorities and lead execution of BD transactions.
• Lead and oversee the execution of preclinical and early science BD transactions, including M&A, licensing, option, research collaboration, academic, and co-development/co-commercialization deals
• Partner with RU leaders to understand RU strategies and priorities
• Manage and streamline deal governance process and ensure compliance with corporate procedure; establish process and timelines to manage execution of transactions in a timely manner
• Execute CDAs, MTAs and sponsored/collaborative research agreements
• Partner closely with External Science & Innovation (ES&I) colleagues to oversee cross-functional due diligence teams, monitor external opportunities that are aligned with business priorities, and ensure new data is reviewed as it becomes available
• Knowledgeably represent Pfizer in discussions with current and potential partners or other external audiences; demonstrate collaboration, creativity, and responsiveness with all potential partners; maintain, cultivate, and build relationships with companies and broadly within the biopharma community
• Build and manage collaborative relationships across the Pfizer organization and create internal alignment
• Lead and support initiatives to manage and continually improve the Worldwide Business Development (WWBD) function and develop its colleagues and culture
• Strong preference for advanced science/medical degree, legal degree and/or MBA/equivalent; bachelor's degree required
• Prior experience required working closely with, advising, and presenting to senior leaders on business development and/or strategy
• Minimum of 6+ years related business experience, including experience leading and/or significantly contributing to collaboration, licensing, partnership, M&A, or other relevant transactions
• Prior experience presenting the business and scientific case of biopharma deal opportunities to cross-functional leaders
• Innovative, independent, clear, and critical thinker; highly resourceful; creative problem solving skills
• Strong relationship building skills
• Strong negotiation capabilities; ability to persuade/influence and effectively gain agreement/consensus
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to deliver quality results within tight time constraints
• Experience in neurodegenerative diseases, metabolic diseases, gene therapy, and/or rare diseases is preferred but not required
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: 10/23/2017
This job is Pfizer US grade: 16
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.