The WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) Director of Business Development, National Software Solutions Sales in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The pioneer of independent ethical review, WIRB-Copernicus Group® (WCG), continues to drive ingenuity in the clinical research space. Today, WCG’s solutions are built upon the foundation of ethical review, but have grown to include a suite of complementary services and technologies that expand the capabilities of the modern research professional. WCG delivers transformational solutions that stimulate growth, foster compliance, and maximize efficiency for those who perform clinical trials.
*WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) continues to grow and we have a need to hire a top Director of Business Development to join our team. *
The Director of Business Development, Software Solutions Sales is responsible for selling clinical trial software and services to new and existing accounts. The successful candidate will have a strong background in selling clinical trials software within the Pharma and CRO services industry. They will understand the nuances associated with the latest platforms, architectures, and digital technologies along with how they align with WCG capabilities to deliver strategic solutions to our clients. This role will orchestrate the business development process throughout sales cycle, prospecting through negotiation and closing, developing new relationships, and driving continued growth of eClinical trial services and solutions with existing accounts to impact bottom line results.
Business Development Location/Territory:
- We are open to our Business Developers working remotely. However, it is important to understand that this is a national sales territory position that requires up to 75% travel and occasional global travel.
- Successfully prospect and sell eClinical solutions and services via consultative selling approach.
- Coordinate with leaders and SMEs across business to create compelling and goal-driven solutions for clients and prospects.
- Develop deep knowledge and expertise on software solutions and go-to-market strategies.
- Manage client meeting schedules to achieve target performance.
- Prepare client presentations to the standards of the company.
- Research and maintain industry contacts required to assure sales success within assigned accounts.
- Develop account strategies for assigned accounts.
- Work within a vigorous metrics-driven environment.
- Expected client engagement is face-to-face with expectations of travel 75%.
- Analyze our competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to monitor, analyze, and communicate sales data to the management team.
- Coordinate with the legal team in managing contract negotiations.
- Set and manage client/prospect expectations and proactively coordinate and communicate with internal staff during sales cycle.
- Provide market feedback to internal teams regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs, and generate product development ideas.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing business development and selling software solutions (products and/or services) preferably in the pharmaceutical or life sciences industry.
- Has a “hunter” mentality and can grow business from net new sales.
- Dependable track record of consistently achieving personal sales goals.
- Experience working in a team selling environment with subject matter experts.
- Executive level client penetration and development.
- Background of position longevity – longer durations preferred.
- Knowledge of technical platforms, business models, subject matter, and trends.
- High degree of comfort dealing with complex technologies and various integration approaches.
- Strong business acumen, strategic skills, negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions for a changing environment.
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
- Industry related Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A base salary of $125K+ based on experience.
- No cap percentage based commission, based on your success.
We encourage you to visit us at www.wcgclinical.com to learn more about our organization and WIRB-Copernicus Group’s mission of improving the quality of human health.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. *
This is a full time-exempt position