Harvard University Audio Visual Technician in Cambridge, Massachusetts
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivers and sets up audio/visual equipment for a wide variety of University events, including but not limited to video conferencing units, LCDs, laptop computers and amplification systems.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of audio/visual and theatrical equipment.
- Operates the lighting and/or sound for performance events under the direction of management.
- Under the direction of management, assists with inventory control of audio/visual equipment.
- Responds to customers' questions during events in a polite and professional manner with complete and accurate information.
- Maintains records and may prepare periodic reports pertaining to media usage.
- May assist in training, scheduling and distributing work of students and temporary workers.
- Conducts oneself in a manner of professionalism and discretion at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience working with a variety of audio/visual equipment including, but not limited to video conferencing units, LCDs, laptop computers, amplification systems, etc.
- Excellent computer skills; Knowledge of MS Office Suite and other software applications related to audio/visual and media systems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and a changing schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as event schedules dictate.
- Ability to work unplanned and scheduled overtime.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with a diverse constituency.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to frequently lift, push and pull up to 50lbs with no restrictions.
- Experience working within a University setting.
- Associates Degree in a related field or other formal technical training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.