Google Analyst Relations Manager, Google Cloud in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Cambridge, MA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA
As an Analyst Relations Manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Google is developing groundbreaking cloud solutions for companies, leveraging years of experience in building secure, reliable, and scalable cloud technology. As we rapidly bring new products to market that are transforming how companies collaborate and operate, we are seeking a Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to communicate our product vision and roadmap to global industry analyst firms. You will influence how analysts think about our products, particularly Google Cloud Platform. You will help define how companies select enterprise technology partners for the next decade.
You are an entrepreneurial, strategic analyst relations professional with a background in developing high-impact relationships with analysts and industry influencers. You will work with leaders across Google Cloud, collaborating with teams in communications, product management, sales, and field marketing. This position offers the opportunity to blend high level, critical thinking with more tactical operational activities.
This is a meaningful role for Google Cloud, as you will be responsible for increasing our visibility, interactions and influence amongst the analyst community as we expand our products and communicate our value to customers.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Contribute to the global overall strategy for analyst relations and work with the Head of Global Analyst Relations to identify opportunities for increased investment and impact scaling of the AR program.
- Identify, develop and manage the relationships with key analysts and market influencers; brief analysts on key product launches and industry moments.
- Execute briefings and inquiries with relevant analysts and company spokespersons to establish Google as a leader for cloud technology in the minds of analysts, influencing their likelihood to position Google Cloud favorably in their research reports and recommend us to clients.
- Assist internal subject matter experts and spokespersons in preparing content that is tailored for an analyst audience.
- Make market research a part of our culture by ensuring analyst perspective and data is integrated into product strategy, narratives and marketing materials.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of Google's strategic and competitive position.
- Ability to manage global agency resources and ensure global initiatives are represented in strategic regions.
- Strong bias towards action with the ability to make decisions quickly amidst multiple stakeholders.
- Interest in Cloud technologies and collaboration/social software.
- Outstanding project management and leadership skills, in addition to experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and strong organizational skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.