Philips Lighting Market Market Intelligence/Strategy - Office & Industry segment (Senior Level) in Burlington, Massachusetts
About Philips Lighting
Philips Lighting is a global leader in lighting products, systems and services. We combine unrivalled technological know-how with a deep understanding of how lighting can positively impact people’s lives. The result? Innovations that unlock new business value, deliver rich user experiences and help liberate and empower. As lighting becomes increasingly digital, connected and integrated into the Internet of Things, we are at the forefront of shaping this fascinating new era. We sell more energy efficient LED lighting than any other company. We lead the industry in connected lighting systems and services. We continue to redefine how digital lighting can transform everything from homes and offices to retail spaces, public areas and cities. In short; we take light beyond illumination.
A career at Philips Lighting offers you the opportunity to create your own legacy, building on our heritage of leadership in innovative lighting. We are looking for passionate, bold and ambitious people with a game-changing mentality. You can apply your knowledge, fresh ideas and energy in a dynamic, transforming industry that’s evolving at an unprecedented rate. Our global reach will give you the opportunity to work and collaborate with inspirational colleagues around the world in a variety of functional areas. Bring your vision and skills to the diverse environment of Philips Lighting and help us tap into the extraordinary potential of lighting.
As our Marketing Intelligence Manager you will be responsible for customer insights and
segmentation for Office & Industry segment. In this role you are responsible for the effective
and transparent input of consistent market information, the analysis of market developments
and market access channels, including developments at the competition. This includes
market investigations, necessary for the cooperation with large (international) key accounts.
Using the knowledge of product and channel developments, you have a supporting and
advising role in strategic choices for product development or in the concrete choices of sales
and business management regarding the product portfolio, go to market and key-account
plans; you also contribute to identifying partnership and alliances prospects and evaluations.
You create quantitative data on the basis of input from external agencies, but also qualitative
information, like brand preference and consumer behavior, by special investigations.
• Build understanding of market, (End User) consumer and customer behavior trends and translate this into up-to-date insights of the market, access to market and marketing plans (offering, go to market, marcom);
• Interpret multiple information sources into a consistent input for business strategy and sales management;
• Create formal quantitative and qualitative inputs into O&I strategy, especially in the form or a set of prioritized gaps, May/Buy/Acquire/Partner scenario, recommendations on ecosystem of partners to be built up, Segment plan inputs to markets;
• Analyze deviations from set targets (on offerings and on channels) by benchmarking, price analysis and new developments, so management can define corrective actions;
• Ensure frequent and efficient reporting and communication;
• Define the required budget, set priorities and responsible for the effective execution;
• Manage the relation with the external market investigation agencies, in order to guard the data accuracy and to generate the exchange of information;
• Ensure transformation in countries is planned, as far as Market Intelligence is concerned, especially to support HCL and Beyond Illumination strategies;
• Profile required partners and identify Partnerships and Alliances prospects; participate to associated workshops and reviews with central teams
Bachelor degree and MBA preferred.
Philips Lighting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.