Microsoft Corporation Customer Success Manager in Burlington, Massachusetts
In a cloud-first, mobile-first world, the retention of customers through Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) is critical to the success of an enterprise software business. An essential element of an effective CLM strategy is the function delivered by the Customer Success Manager (CSM). The CSM provides customer lifecycle focus from deployment through usage, adoption and continual consumption - with the goal of driving use of the Modern Workplace (Microsoft 365, Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) and Windows 10) deeply into a customer’s business and enabling them to realize their business value targets. CSM’s maximize the client’s return on investment in Microsoft 365 products and services, drive usage of cloud services, increase reference-ability and broaden upsell/cross-sell opportunities. The CSM is a key part of our customer facing sales teams and will be called on frequently to leverage their deep knowledge of the Modern Workplace to support sales growth.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Create value for customers by ensuring they clearly define business outcomes and then build a success plan with the appropriately identified objectives, stakeholders, milestones, risks and metrics needed to achieve them.
• Be accountable to drive high usage of the Modern Workplace within customers by driving the creation and execution of a thorough and action-oriented Adoption Plan.
• Leverage deep functional expertise in order to expand the customer’s use of existing workloads and to identify new workloads
• Build, maintain and leverage appropriate C-Level relationships within each customer in order to influence solution adoption, create strong support for new opportunities and to secure their willingness to advocate on the Modern Workplace and Microsoft’s behalf.
• Demonstrate advanced insights and understanding of customer’s business/industry and challenge appropriately the way a customer views both their business and processes.
• Build/maintain rapid channel of communication to customer in case of online service-related issues and events.
• Orchestrate and gain strong buy-in with multiple external (e.g. customer’s Partner) and internal Microsoft sales and services teams and be highly connected to Microsoft SMEs throughout the customer’s Modern Workplace lifecycle.
• Represent the Voice of the Customer, specifically key business decision makers, within Microsoft.
• Create a culture of Customer Centricity.
• 8+ years of experience in professional services and change management.
• ITSM, adoption and change management with top consulting firms or software vendors, or in a pre-sales solution engineering capacity for a top SaaS vendor.
• Experience in both consulting and pre-sales is ideal within the Microsoft Modern Workplace (Microsoft 365, Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) and Windows 10).
• Prosci certified or that has Organizational Change Management (OCM) experience.
• Proven ability to map the customer’s business process to product capability.
• Experience in driving digital transformation in enterprises through effective change management and adoption highly preferred.
• Experience in one of the following industries highly preferred - Manufacturing & Distribution, Professional Services, Retail.
• Deep understanding of SaaS customer engagement.
• Top-notch executive engagement skills with an ability to establish strong relationships with business decision makers.
• Strong interpersonal skills that establish Trusted Advisor relationships with clients.
• Strong organizational/time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Cultural awareness and appreciation for diversity.
• Master’s Degree with information technology/accounting/finance focus preferred.
• Willingness to travel - up to 60% - Based in Boston, MA.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.