Cisco Visual Designer in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Location: Boxborough, Massachusetts, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Software Development, Testing
Job Id 1213092
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially Visual Designers. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job right now, however it is highly likely we will in the very near future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises Cisco representative can contact you directly.
The Business Entity:
Collaboration Technology Group (CTG) is #1 global leader in collaboration technologies, which provides best-in-class integrated collaboration solutions that redefine collaboration experience . Cisco collaboration solutions span a wide variety of solutions and technologies, including Cloud Collaboration Services, SaaS Offerings, Hosted Collaboration Solutions, and Premise solutions, Endpoints, Video, Presence, Conferencing, Customer Care and Unified Communications.
Cisco’s CCBU (Customer Care Business Unit) is an industry leader in Customer Care solutions and is growing its Cloud SaaS engineering teams. The teams work in a high performing agile environment with the latest in cloud development technologies and practices, including continuous delivery, continuous integration, test-driven development and PaaS based development. Articulate the next generation of Customer Care SaaS Solutions with us that will fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers and will transform this multi-billion-dollar industry. Come, envision, influence and implement the future of customer care with us. You will be joining our UX Team who are a group of dedicated engineers whose primary mission is to create pleasurable experiences for our end users.
Role and Responsibilities
You are a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills who will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced UX Team responsible for driving great experiences into our products. As a Visual Designer, you will:
· Identify visual user interface requirements and define design approach
· Create conceptual design and suggest product direction based on field research and visual requirements
· Create guidelines and design language for communications products that express the Cisco brand
· Create infographics, iconography and other visual assets which help communicate intent of an experience
· Develop visual design prototypes ranging from comps to interactive mock-ups
· Develop visual interface specifications
· Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and be willing to explore all options.
· Participate in design team activities of Requirement Analysis, Ideation and other processes
· Innovate compelling new experiences that make collaborative work fun and productive
· Work with interaction designers to integrate visual and interaction design
· 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces for applications (or equivalent)
· Bachelors or Master's degree in Graphics Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, Fine Art or related field
· Must have a strong foundation in
o Typography, Color theory, layout and design of web and mobile applications
o Transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interactions
o Creating and maintaining style guides
Essential Skills Required
· Excellent time-management and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task across projects
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to assist partners with implementing defined user experience
· Confidence working both independently and as part of a small team.
· Excellent communication skills to engage with Partners on an ongoing basis to communicate Cisco UX standards
· Command of leading design software applications, e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and InVision, among others.
· Comfortable with Agile methodologies and working within small fast-moving
· Working knowledge of Flash, HTML, and motion graphics software not required but a plus!
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with likeminded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.