State Street Vice President, Communications in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Be part of a collaborative team that is driving high impact external and internal communications, advertising and brand marketing programs for the third largest asset manager in the world.
Your work will be to help State Street Global Advisors -- the asset management division of State Street -- more effectively engage with and communicate to employees, clients and key influencers, which will help strengthen our reputation and drive positive business results.
- Leading internal communications across the firm will be your primary responsibility, including the development of strategy, messages and plans for companywide communications programs in support of business goals.
- Providing counsel and support to senior leaders to better communicate the company’s overall vision, strategy, and progress to wide variety of audiences will be critical to your success.
- Developing, writing and editing presentations, talking points, blogs, Q&A;’s, and memos will be an important component of your daily work. In addition, you will be charged with developing new and creative ways to deliver messages through video and other rich media content.
- You will set the editorial strategy for and collaborate with IT partners to drive improvements to the company intranet site as well as manage a weekly email newsletter distributed to all employees highlighting the top business strategy, accomplishments and success stories from across the company.
- You will manage editorial oversight and distribution of all major internal company communications.
- Coordinating and crafting effective internal and client communications related to portfolio manager, senior leader and business function changes will be a core responsibility.
- You will build a program to provide communications tools to help managers become more effective communicators.
- You will lead the communications planning, approach and execution for employee town halls and leadership meetings.
- Providing reporting and metrics on overall effectiveness of communications programs and then developing recommendations for improvements will be a job responsibility as well.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience in internal, external or executive communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic, tactical and operational communications plans.
- Ability to influence and counsel senior management.
- Experience leading communications in a highly matrixed, globally diverse organizational structure is a plus.
- Financial services experience is a plus
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Comfortable interacting with senior leaders
- Ability to juggle, prioritize and balance competing goals, projects and personalities
- Analytical, organizational, and demonstrated interpersonal skills are a requirement.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Vice President, Communications
Job ID: 165588
Full/Part Time: Full FTE