WSP-Parsons Brinckerhoff Senior BIM Specialist- Architectural/Structural (ID# 34705) in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior BIM Specialist- Architectural/Structural (ID# 34705)
(VDC/BIM Specialist) Boston, MA
Category: Geotechnical Tunnels
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: 5 Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com.
WSP USA's Boston office has an opportunity for a Senior BIM Specialist- Architectural/Structural with minimum five years experience to provide BIM execution oversight, model management, model QC, and VDC support on projects within the Transportation Facilities Group. The specialist also assists with Revit production (primarily for structural and/or architectural disciplines) as needed. This position reports functionally to the Boston office BIM/VDC Manager and is ideal for individuals who are seeking an opportunity for career development, mentoring and creative challenges with one of the world's premier transportation firms.
Responsibilities will include the following:
1. Project BIM Execution Oversight: Development and maintenance of BIM Execution Plan(s), specific model authoring requirements, and key information exchanges.
2. Model management: Setup Project directory structure and model files, define shared coordinate system, establish model worksets and phases, create and maintain contract borders, facilitate model exchanges between team members.
3. Model Quality Control: Development and maintenance of model compliance plan to ensure conformance with client standards, perform model quality checks identified in compliance plan, and work with model leads to implement necessary corrections.
4. Content Librarian: Assist architecture and structural groups with Revit family development, maintenance of Revit family libraries and project templates.
5. Production Revit modeling and detailing as needed by architecture and structure discipline groups.
6. Revit support including troubleshooting of Revit model and work flow problems as they arise and end user training and orientation.
7. Assist with development and documentation of workflows for architecture and structure disciplines to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Perform advanced BIM/VDC uses, including development and weekly update of project coordination model in Navisworks, clash analysis, generation of weekly coordination issue view report, facilitate weekly design/BIM coordination meetings with project team, prepare meeting minutes, track of coordination model issues, and other BIM uses defined in the project BIM Execution Plan such as 4D modeling, quantity takeoff, existing conditions modeling, asset management, etc.
9. Work closely with Boston Office BIM/VDC Manager and other VDC team members to continue growth of VDC/BIM implementation.
Experience Required (Must contain the following):
Bachelor of Science or Architecture degree
Minimum 5 years’ experience in structure or architecture design with 3+ years’ experience in development of Revit models and drawings for building and transportation related projects
Experience in Revit Family development, model management and model coordination desirable
Civil 3D, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier, Mental Ray and V-Ray experience a plus
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to be both collaborative and self-directed in implementing systems and practices
The ability to immediately work in the United States is required.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation