State Street Product Specialist, Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The ETF product specialist will lead the Americas development of a world-class offering to support the end-to-end servicing needs of ETF product sponsors. This role will participate in strategic planning relative to ETF servicing expansion, support innovating development of ETF servicing capabilities, be a resource for new ETF product development and ongoing ETF product management, advise management on product structure relative to strategies which State Street may seek to deliver in the exchange traded market place, and liaise with issuers, securities exchanges, the specialist community, authorized participants, market makers, prime brokerage, index providers and other third parties in an effort to stimulate internal expertise and client growth among State Street’s ETF administration platform.
The requirements will include crafting and executing a strategic plan and production roadmap for the ETF service offering for State Streets service business encompassing the full product lifecycle, from concept through implementation and execution.
- Conduct business reviews and analysis to ensure key deliverables and milestones are met.
- Manage across multiple business units to provide value add resources needed to deliver a market leading product offering, including custody, fund services, securities lending, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple business units (including Sales, Product, Operations, and Technology) to assess client needs and expectations.
- Perform analysis on competitors and conduct market sizing to contribute to overall product strategy.
- Identify and evaluate third-party vendors to assess potential strategic alliances to enhance product offering.
- Plan and execute major development initiatives and milestones by working with Sales, Product, Technology, Operations, and other groups to ensure a coordinated service delivery.
- Serve as lead spokesperson and represent State Street Investor Services for ETF services offering among industry participants and new and existing clients. Attend and participate in industry related events and tradeshows to maintain visibility and market awareness.
- Support sales and services as needed in regards to the ETF product category, including formal presentations to clients and prospects.
Develop product functionality scorecard and metrics to continuously track and improve product-level financial success, customer adoption trends, product quality metrics, and more.
Expert knowledge of securities industry (10+ years) and ETF products (5+ years), investment strategies, index providers, market trends and competitive landscape. Extensive knowledge of applicable rules and regulations relating to the operation of a NYSE and FINRA registered broker-dealer.
- Experience with several types of investment products, such as, 1940 Act products, UCITS, swap based products, and other trusts.
- Familiarity with all facets of the exchange traded product market space including, but not limited to: index design and maintenance, intellectual property conventions, specialist selection, authorized participant assignment and transfer agency and administration operations.
- Understanding of operational flows and business processes in ETF administration
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles and techniques of administration, organization and management to include an in-depth understanding of the business that exist. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of strategic and operational planning, staff management, legal and regulatory laws, financial and cost analysis
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Product Specialist, Vice President
Job ID: 166125
Full/Part Time: Full FTE