GlaxoSmithKline Payer Relations Manager (MA, ME, NH) in Boston, Massachusetts
Payer Relations Manager (MA, ME, NH)
Open date:Apr 20, 2017 11:29 PM
Functional area:Managed Markets
Experience required:5 years
Email a friend
Basic qualifications:• Bachelor’s Degree
• Ability to travel up to 75%
• Must be located near a major airport within the territory.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care industry including a specialty division, or experience in Provider Relations/Reimbursement Department of a third-party payer or insurance company.
Preferred qualifications:• MBA, MPH or other advanced degree
• Basic knowledge of the payer environment including state, federal, private third party reimbursement issues, methodologies and policies for physician- and self-administered drugs
• Strong customer focus with building relationships, issue identification and resolution, problem-solving and project management skills
• Ability to operate independently and handle multiple projects with a high degree of initiative and operate successfully in matrix environment reporting into reimbursement function while deployed in the field
• Highly organized, strategic thinker with excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Reimbursement experience for immunology, oncology or other specialty infused products in a buy and bill setting across all sites of care
• Strong knowledge of provider office and hospital outpatient department reimbursement environments, regulations, customers, and market dynamics.
• Comprehensive understanding of Medicare Parts A, B, C, D and knowledge of commercial insurance reimbursement.
• Understanding of the miscellaneous and permanent J code, Q code and possible issues surrounding appropriate billing.
• Experience working with reimbursement call centers for patient access
Details:The Payer Relations Manager (PRM) is responsible for educating healthcare professionals about important product reimbursement information and processes as well as helping providers understand GSK Access Support Services that may be available to help appropriate patients access GSK specialty medicines. PRMs are responsible for educating providers on key payer policies related to GSK specialty products and work to communicate impact of these payer policies on payer access back to the Payer Specialty Account Managers. This role reports into a Director of Payer relations.
Qualified candidates must possess a solid track record of success working in a matrix environment and must demonstrate effective leadership of non-direct reports.
PRMs routinely interface with Payer Specialty Account Managers (SAMs), Specialty Account Directors that interface with Specialty Pharmacies (SCADs) and Specialty Brand Field Sales teams.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency ReportingFor the Recordsite.