Hearst Television Newscast Director in Boston, Massachusetts
WCVB-TV has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director. The Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff, including the Producer and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
- Directing broadcast newscasts.
- Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
- Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
- Must be able to call a newscast.
- Work closely with producers and production teams to execute technically clean and innovative newscasts.
- MOS and basic computer network understanding.
- Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and digital video playback systems.
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
- The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include early mornings and weekend duties.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
- Must also have experience with video servers, and audio and studio equipment.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong live newscast directing skills and a calm control room presence.
Job ID: 2193
Position Type: Part-Time
Job Category: Production
Location: Boston, MA US
Station Name: WCVB-TV