Commonwealth Care Alliance Job Details: Employee Relations Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Details: Employee Relations Director
- Vacancy NoVN1446
Posting TitleEmployee Relations Director
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Employee Relations Director is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an employee relations framework that addresses employee and management issues fairly, consistently, and timely in line with established policies, guidelines, and federal and state employment laws. In this role the Employee Relations Director will work in close partnership with internal HR Business Partners, other HR colleagues, employees, management as well as Legal and Compliance. The Employee Relations Director will also be responsible for leading HR-related projects as directed.
Will lead or provide oversight on complex, high-risk and/or sensitive confidential investigations and make recommendations on appropriate course of action.
Works collaboratively with key stakeholders to assess the impact of policies and practices and make recommendations to address areas of inconsistency or practice improvement.
Tracks, reports and evaluates internal ER trends and recommends actions as needed.
Researches and interprets employment laws, (FLSA, EEOC, etc.) for application to specific employee relations situations such as internal and external employee hearings, audits and lawsuits.
Drives best practices to ensure efficient and effective management/oversight/resolution of employment matters.
Co-oversees the Affirmative Action plan with Talent Acquisition and in partnership with Legal.
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor's Degree required.
Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related is preferred.
PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is preferred.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
7 – 10 years of relevant experience.
Minimum Experience Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state labor and employment laws and regulations.
• Polished and mature verbal, written, email and phone communication skills; ability to effectively represent the company to a variety of audiences.
• Strong MS Office skills.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
• Strong ability to influence people at varying levels in the organization.
• Demonstrates political savvy and business acumen.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and the ability to effectively prioritize.
• Ability to handle sensitive information; must be able to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• The ability and desire to embrace and manage change; demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of productivity and effectiveness in the midst of ambiguity or stress.
Commonwealth Care Allianceis an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws