Marriott Franchised Director of Sales in Boston, Massachusetts
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International s franchisees.
Please apply online at: http://smrtr.io/Vba6SA
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Colwen Management, Inc. . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
job description :
The Residence Inn by Marriott Needham is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Sales to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a dynamic selling background, and be results driven. This role will lead and direct the sales efforts for this market. If you are looking for an incredible opportunity with future growth potential, we want to hear from you!
Primary Responsibilities Include :
- Targets accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation
- Take initiative to develop new strategies and uncover new markets to generate sales
- Excels at proactive selling
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and customers
- Proactively identifies, qualifies, and solicits new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals
- Closes the best opportunities for each hotel based on market conditions and specific hotel needs
- Understands the overall market in which they sell - competitorsa strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.
- Aggressive negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction
Qualified candidates must meet the following Criteria :
- 5 years successful experience in proactive sales and the ability to effectively close business
- Previous Marriott experience a plus
- Be comfortable working in a team selling environment
- Proven experience in maintaining and building relationships with existing accounts, while aggressively developing new business
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be self motivated and results oriented
Additional information :
As a preferred employer in our markets, Colwen Hotels offers a total rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
- Work-life balance employee assistance program
Colwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EEO M/F/D/V.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Residence Inn
Requisition ID: 17000NB1