U.S. Bank Elavon - Head of Government & Services Product Strategy - Remote in Boston, Massachusetts
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Head of Government & Services Product Strategy position can be located in Atlanta GA or home-based.
About Elavon - https://www.elavon.com/about/company
Our customers want to expand their business opportunities. We help them get there.
From e-commerce to mobile wallets and chip card acceptance, Elavon helps businesses, small and large, accept all payment types – and reap the benefits at the end of the day. Whether they need a simple or sophisticated payment solution, we’ve got them covered.
For 25 years, we’ve helped more than one million customers around the world grow their business through payments. Our flexible, secure and innovative payment solutions help businesses attract and keep customers, develop partner relationships, process payments and simplify operations.
Here’s a little bit more about our breadth and expertise:
• We are consistently rated among the top five global payment providers
• We process more than 3 billion transactions annually around the world
• We provide payment tools customized by industry type
• We’re backed by the strength and stability of U.S. Bank, the fifth largest commercial bank in the U.S.
• Our company operates in 10 countries
• Our call centers are open 24/7, and our team is always ready to help
Growing a business in a fast-moving world is challenging. Let us help you succeed.
Elavon is seeking a Head of Government & Services Product Strategy. As it relates to these two critical verticals for the business, the role holder will define and drive the execution of product strategy for the North American business, consistent with customer needs and key business goals (contribution, revenue, market share). Specific responsibilities include:
• Functions as the thought leader for Elavon NA as it relates to Government & Services verticals (Services defined currently as veterinarians, legal & professional, non-profit, membership & subscriptions), clearly identifying key customer needs and market opportunity and translating that in to product roadmaps and wider organizational capability needs;
• Defines business and product strategy – card present and card not present – to ensure Elavon NA capitalizes on key customer needs and market opportunity in Government & Service vertical contexts;
• Working collaboratively across the business, leads the building and continuous improvement of organizational capability, which underpins the business and product strategy (products, platforms, processes, pricing, policies, people, partnerships, etc.);
• Drives the verticals by delivering product propositions and go-to-market campaigns in to our sales and distribution channels that deliver market leading customer, volume & revenue growth performance;
• Works hand in hand with Business Development and Customer Management in (1) engaging directly with customers (2) understanding those customer needs/issues/feedback and (3) feeding that in to a continuous improvement process so that we remain successful in winning and retaining business.
• Ensures, through a fully-integrated marketing plan, that Elavon NA is positioned in the marketplace and with our customers as a leading player in the Government & Services verticals
• North America (US, Canada, and Puerto Rico)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Outstanding product/business strategy plus product design, development, and management skills and knowledge, with a minimum of 5 years of experience of the Government payments sector
Four or more years of managerial experience
Track record in delivering above market revenue growth through effective business strategy and the development of new products and the continuous improvement of existing ones
Highly-accomplished in Go-To-Market execution, working collaboratively across the business to ensure joined-up delivery to the customer
Experienced, comfortable, and effective operating in a matrix organization, brokering partnerships to get things done
Excellent leadership skills, creating an enabling environment for the team to succeed
Strong commercial acumen, allying insightful competitive data, deep customer understanding and knowledge of key business needs and priorities
Job: Product Management
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170019003
Other Locations: Georgia-GA-Atlanta