Liberty Mutual Director I, Product Analysis, National Insurance, Commercial Insurance in Boston, Massachusetts
- Advance your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company *
Come join our exciting team in National Insurance Product and Underwriting – Industry Practices. The team is dedicated to supporting underwriters across National Insurance. The team’s focus is on ensuring our underwriters and front-line employees are provided with the right tools and guidance to help them win in the market place. As a member of Industry Practices you’ll work along-side other expert resources to create and align the go-to-market strategy and champion initiatives by working across all lines of business to make sure our product-set/coverage, pricing, risk control services and claims capabilities resonate with Brokers and Prospects/Customers. We’re looking for individuals that are self-starters and have a solid foundational background in Underwriting, Claims, Risk Control or other insurance functions that can be leveraged to help execute on industry specific strategies.
You will be responsible for taking the lead in your assigned industries (Retail, Services, and Communication) and evaluating the performance and uncovering areas of opportunity for improvement in growth and profitability. We are looking for talent that can help take us to the next level of industry strategies and expertise and driving positive impacts through the organization. Some recent team projects included a launch of the Healthcare Vertical, analysis of the Sharing Economy industry to understand the insurance needs and growth potential, and development of Industry Excellence Guides. This role will assume accountability for setting direction of assigned industries, making recommendations and implementing initiatives. This role will also collaborate and partner with other functional areas including Underwriting, Risk Control, Claims and Distribution to improve industry strategies.
*Location: Boston or Open to other locations
• Develop and drive strategy for growth and profitability by building expertise, resources and tools and transferring that knowledge through field training, consultations, and our Industry Excellence Guides
• Responsible for business planning, conducting analysis and building operational monitoring to keep leadership and the rest of the organization informed of industry progress
• Act as subject matter expert for selected industries, completes industry reviews, and produces business cases for change
• Present recommendations to NI Product & Underwriting stakeholders on pricing, product offerings, strategy, etc.
• Design and track goal alignment across industry and field organizations and drives accountability
• Accountable for consistency, usability and accessibility of industry-specific resources
• Responsible for specific and actionable risk selection guidance and delivery across field
• Stay abreast of coverage, service and pricing and ensure Liberty is a leading competitor
• Keep the pulse of industry trends and the implications to insurance coverage, pricing or appetite
• Design and implement effective processes to improve industry pricing
• Drive consistent message, both internally and externally to agent/brokers about our appetite
• Engage underwriters and establish visibility with our top broker partners to ensure Liberty Mutual is top-of-mind for chosen industries
• Oversee creation industry-specific marketing materials and ensure messaging is up-to-date and reflected in submission pipeline growth
• Present at internal and external meetings and creates formal presentation and training materials
• Serves as point person and project manager for industry implementations; Leads work streams on all projects, provides structured project updates and prioritizes own work
• Actively shares job knowledge and trains less experienced analysts
• Provides technical training and user support to business groups
• May be assigned to mentor a new hire or intern
• Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field; MBA and CPCU/ACAS/FCAS preferred
• Minimum of 8-10 years progressively more responsible experience, preferably insurance.
• Experience managing projects and providing structured updates on milestones and statuses
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with ability to story board and present business problems, business cases for change, and solutions
• Must have exceptional planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, communication, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of product offerings, business processes, product line systems, underwriting rules, pricing plans and databases.
• Candidates with a commercial underwriting background preferred
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
401K and Company paid pension plan
Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
Discount fitness memberships
Flexible spending accounts
Vision care coverage
Credit Union membership
Employee and Dependent life insurance
Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: *Strategy & Planning
Title: Director I, Product Analysis, National Insurance, Commercial Insurance
Requisition ID: 88208