Nike Converse Senior Product Line Manager, Women's New Icons in Boston, Massachusetts
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
The world has been wearing Converse for generations. From the canvas basketball sneaker All Star to the counter-culture icon, the Chuck Taylor, Converse was born celebrating sport and grew up inspiring individuality.
Today, Converse is still at the heart of youth, worn by musicians, artists, dreamers, thinkers, and influencers. Always authentic, we're still celebrating one-of-a-kind and self-expression, but it’s about the new generation. It’s about the kids who are not afraid to change the world, who are not afraid to stand out and create their own path. Converse is resetting the brand and it starts today.
As the Global Women’s Footwear Senior PLM – New Icons you will lead the product creation efforts which include line planning and the commercialization of inline New Icon footwear styles.
You will display a strong understanding of our consumer, street style and a passion for the sneaker industry – performing market research and summarizing feedback to share.
You will think creatively, identify new business opportunities and trends to communicate your ideas. You will understand the importance of a shared vision in influencing the team, and create strategies or methods to execute cross functionally.
You must be able to draft and execute the line plan for the product line that supports the category’s seasonal strategies and deliver growth. You will manage the entry of accurate and complete information in the data management system and act as the proprietor of product analysis and historical information.
You will work closely with the design and development team managing resources to execute the seasonal product strategies and business needs. You will possess strong product acumen with deep product experience to create compelling briefs and story telling for our consumers.
You can communicate effectively and use active listening skills. You will balance the need to seek information with the need to be understood and the ability to communicate effectively in varied settings. You will be comfortable presenting in front of large groups of people.
You will manage a team of 1 Assistant Product Line Manager as well as work closely with your peers within the Women’s Footwear team, including Design, Development and Merchandising, and ensure that objectives are clear and aligned to ensure the team's success.
·Consumer, Market, Fashion Trend, Brands (Streetwear)
·Product obsessed, Sneaker culture
·Knows Design to Development to Consumer Experience (GTM)
·Global to Local Insights
·Trailblazer, Connoisseur mindset
·Cross functional Collaborator
·Strong communication skills
·Growth and Planning Mindset
· 5 years' relevant experience in product-related roles
· 2 additional years' relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
· One Team – Successful experience in being an influencer and contributing member of a team
· Product Line Management Experience - Footwear
· Business orientation, analytical aptitude, and retail math
· Solution Oriented Mindset
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
· Ability to effectively communicate concepts and opportunities to a functionally diverse and wide audience
· Ability to effectively elevate strategic concerns to management in a timely and accurate manner
· Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and cross functional partners
· Ability to exercise high degree of professionalism
· Strong understanding and application of managerial concepts and techniques in areas such as project management, idea creation, employee development, coaching, and cross-team effectiveness
· Demonstrated leadership in fostering continuous learning
· Ability to travel up to 50% of time, including internationally
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00339323
Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job Category: Product Management, Product Management & Merchandising, Converse I, Merchandising & Product Management, Converse