Nike Converse Manager Global Strategy in Boston, Massachusetts
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
You know money. You have hung out with money and money trusts you. And we need someone we can trust with money. Here’s our proposal: we will make unique, interesting stuff that people want. You will handle the money and tell us what money is saying to you and we listen to you and everyone will make more money and we will get to make more unique things because of you. That’s the equation.
Converse believes creativity lives within everyone. It’s the creativity of our employees and consumers that makes us interesting. We don’t define you, you define yourself. Our sneakers, apparel and accessories are for true individuals. So, that’s why we hire individuals. Wear sneakers, be yourself. That’s Converse.
Converse is seeking highly qualified professionals for two newly created positions on our Global Strategy Team. In these roles, you will work closely with our business and key stakeholders to interpret internal/external business challenges and have the ability to recommend best practices to improve products, processes or services.
• Advanced understanding of business strategy, consumer research, market intelligence, investment analysis and analytics, and financial modeling
• Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
• Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
• Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
• May lead functional teams or large, cross-functional projects
• Leads others to solve complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
• Anticipates customer needs; assesses requirements and identifies new solutions
• Explains difficult concepts and influences others to adopt a different point of view
• Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives
• Manages projects or programs with moderate resource requirements, risk and/or complexity
• Monitors and controls costs of own work and may manage budgets for moderate-sized projects or programs
• Strong ability to lead, collaborate, and influence a cross-functional team
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Strategy Development / General Analysis: Provide research and analytical support for strategic initiatives and special projects. Work independently to design and lead research projects related to market trends, consumer profiles, and competitive intelligence. Direct and execute analysis and due diligence for new business opportunities.
• Strategic Business Planning Process: Coordinate planning process milestones and deliverables. Work with Global Finance and planning entities to prepare for quarterly checkpoints and strategic retreats. Support planning entities in the development of strategic plans, ensuring alignment with corporate strategic objectives.
• Provides people leadership. Participates in activities such as work planning, process development, resource optimization, employee goal setting, coaching, and performance monitoring.
• Project Management: Provide project management to support cross- functional teams and other special projects of strategic importance to Converse’s growth and profitability.
• Ability to work independently and turn ideas into executable strategies and business plans; able to effectuate monitoring tools and processes to achieve the Company’s strategic plans and goals
• Excellent communication and project management skills
• Excellent executive collaboration and leadership skills
• Strong work ethic and follow-up skills
• Solution orientated. Excellent problem solving abilities
• Proven experience with preparation and delivery of executive level presentations required
• Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
• 3-5 years’ on the job experience
• Prior consulting experience a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 00314304
Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Job Category: Finance, Strategic Planning & Procurement, Corporate Services, Converse, Converse I