State Street Communications Strategy Manager, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The CAO office is responsible for overseeing the goal setting, monitoring and measurement of priorities across the division that provides global servicing to the SSgA relationship. The Communications strategy manager will report to the CAO but will work closely with the marketing and sales team as well as the senior management team in connecting activities across the division to the big picture strategy and translating that strategy into outcomes for our shareholders, employees and client.
- The communication program manager will own the division-wide communication program on behalf of the CAO including defining the goals, establishing an approach, success measures and refining the strategy based on stakeholder feedback and success criteria.
- Evaluate and adjust communication channels and effectiveness and create a division-wide communication strategy that is relevant and effective in communicating to key internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Conceive and develop high-impact internal messaging across a broad range of communication channels including newsletters, roundtables, web/blog posts, videos and presentations.
- Adapt and respond to changes in the internal and external environment with timely and relevant targeted communications to staff.
- Develop and sustain relationships with business partners within the organization to continuously be in tune with the business priorities and downstream impact of change on key stakeholders
- Draw from multiple sources of information to create simple, unified, persuasive output customized to audience.
- Ability to translate information into a story and identify the best medium to deliver that story to the right audience.
- Design and maintain web content on the company’s internal collaborate website
- Prepare research summaries and speaking points for Executive Vice President speaking engagements and employee roundtables/Town Hall meetings
Create infographics to illustrate complex activities or concepts
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Economics or equivalent
- 4-7 year's of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick study: Ability to come up to speed on new topics quickly and thoroughly
- Enthusiastic team player that is able to work independently
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Versatility: ability to adjust style, content and format to the needs, interests and knowledge level of the audience
- Data visualization or graphic design experience a plus
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, Word and Powerpoint
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry, the Asset Management marketplace, the U.S. regulatory environment and global economics
- Tenacity and confidence to engage in respectful challenge and debate
What Skills You’ll Develop in this Role:
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management.
- How to execute a communication strategy tailored to a specific business unit while remaining aligned with the larger corporation’s message and strategy
- How macro-economic factors and market events drive internal and external conversations
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Communications Strategy Manager, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 168157
Full/Part Time: Full FTE